400 Cubic Inch

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
What do you guys think of a Tundra 5.7L resleeve from 3.70 to 4.00" like the LS1. That with stock stroke of 4.02" will bring the Japanese V8 to 400+ cubic inch. I think the LS1 Darton might work. Wanna find out? LOL

Hey David, any feasible way to cram 3ur into LS400?????

I want to see a dyno comparison of our quad cam 5.7 with the same cam characteristics of the LS1 engine and lets see which is more efficient. I bet we find some crazy numbers down that road...

Just started my 1st in class engine tear down and I ripped apart a 1978 chevy 350 and man these are easy as hell to rip apart. Since the 1uz was my 1st this pushrod's simplicity made it feel like I was re-loading a weed whacker. Stroke that engine Lex...

Quad cam and quad turbo 5.7L! Who can beat that beast? Probably only the Bughatti Veyron. It's very doable but space is the only limitation. There's no need to brake-torque when launching. I've seen the review on that Bughatti and it's just so crazy.

Don't underestimate the Gen 3 engines.

We may not like their old school technology but GM really has them sorted and they are making good horsepower and reasonable fuel efficiency.

To be honest if I was starting now instead of 3 years ago I would have a crate Gen 3 in my car with a safe 550 hp for a fraction of what I've spent on the 1UZ.

Still love the 1UZ but the Gen 3 road is an easy one to follow.

Totally agree Zuffen, gotta hand those easy off-the-shelf parts to GM. If we had an engine w/ better stock cam/head characteristics from the factory like GM does then maybe the distance between the 2 would be a little closer. Those L engines were made for power, wish Toyota had another version of 1uz just so we could swap parts. Gotta remember this was a family sedan and high lift/duration cams just didn't enter the toyota engineers' minds.

Not just the GM LSx series. The Chrysler 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi(semi) is impressive. The hemi doesn't have an aluminum block though and that is a weight issue... BUT THE HEADS!!!

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/te...mi_57_liter_345ci_engine_review/photo_04.html

0403phr_hemi_18_z.jpg

0403phr_hemi_22_z.jpg

0403phr_hemi_19_z.jpg