4.7 tundra motor swap in an SC,LS or GS?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I would like to know if anyone has tried or considered the Tunda 4.7 liter motor in an sc,ls, or gs400. Could it be done, would it fit and mount in? Would the tranny hookup? Is the cam set for truck, 4X4, and pulling and not sports racing? Anyone? That sounds like the choice to me, if possible. I found one at a junkyard a good price with low low miles, should I consider it and grab the engine and ECU this is why I am asking?

I believe the engine is too tall but otherwise would fit in the engine bay. Simple leave off the bonnet.

The engine weighs heaps more than the 1UZ but leaving the bonnet off may balance out the weight difference.

The engine should bolt onto your existing engine mounts that bolt to the engine and the trans will bolt straight up.

The cams are set for 4x4 slugging.

I measured the 2uzfe shortblock two days ago. The 2uzfe shortblock weights 240 lbs and 1uzfe shorblock weights 160 lbs. I think eliminating the hood will save at least 60-80 lbs....LOL

A hundred pound weight difference should not make a difference you can always compensate with a carbon fiber hood, how much taller are we talking. Are we talking about a inch or two above stock hood clearance, how about a different intake manifold and lower throttle body, can it be done, or like you said leave off the bonnet or even a mild hood scoop? It sounds like it might be doable. The cams get a little pricy that is the kicker. Thanks guys!!!!

Image a big bore on that block,WOW!!!!!! Just alot of talk and dreams!!!

I think the easiest would be using the Tundra Shortblock and use your 1uzfe heads. That way its just a bolt on. If you do the swap, then you will have some wiring and electrical issues. It not a dream. Its actually pretty easy. Its just a bolt on mod, well kind of.....

The 1uzfe heads fit the 4.7L motor, wild? Toyota really makes most of their parts to fit on another regardless of year and make. Those Iuzfe heads on the 4.7 will probably down grade the power if I am not mistake?

I think I am going to pass on this dream for now, this is just a lot of talk for me with no substance behind it, but if I end up blowing this engine of mine in the near future which is very conceivable then I may elect to go for the 4.7 swap if it's as easy and doable as you say.

David, I admire your ventures and quests into the unknown, AND TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE!!!!!! I read an old thread of yours on the 5.5 Liter bore now that would rock!!!!