1uzfe vvti question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drewbiestaco

I am swapping a 1uzfe vvti into my 97 tacoma. i have the ecu and the key. will i need the immobilizer? I was told that the ecu can be reprogrmmed to not use the immobilzer. But have also heard cannot have that done. Thanks for your help.

i think the ecu numbers are useless to all of us on here

the main way i seeif there is an immobiliser on the 1uz looms is
find the correct diagrams and see if the wires for the security are in the loom
its a pain to do but its only way to make sure
as immobilisers in ecus vary on what year they started depending which county car was made for
the ones ive done usually have 4 wires from keyreader to immobiliser unit
then 2 wires from immobiliser unit to ecu

how much r u willing to put on it hehehe
anyway i would not show them on here so i guess u will never find out if i have them
i have 2001 2jzvvti
and also 3uz up to 2005
so there is hope

Hey Sideshow, I see from your comments that you know a bit about 1UZFE VVT engines. I would like to use one of these in my build just because they are later technology and I gather they pump out close to 300hp in standard form.

I have just seen from a couple of posts though that these have security. But its fair to say I'm a techno phobic and that's about all I could understand.

What does it mean that there is security? Does it render the engine useless or is there a way around this. Over here it seems most of these engines come complete with trans and parts like ECU wiring loom and in some cases the airflow meter. (This is all a foreign language to me as I've never done anything with a computerised engine before). Is this enough? If not what else do I need to ensure I get?

Also I gather that these engines are fly by wire, can this be changed to manual cable or do I need to make sure I get the accelerator pedal set up too?

Any help you or anyone else can give a dumbarse like me will be much appreciated.

Cheers

security is like an immobiliser in the ecu
and it talks to this and talks to that and eventually talks to the ignition key
if all are a matched set then it tells the ecu all is ok and u may fire the injectors
if any part is not matched the motor will never start
there is no way at tthis time of reprogramming the ecu
there is no way to remove fly by wire either
we play with hsitloads of fly by wire ls2 ls3 ls1 ls7 stuff and its very critical that all bits are in 100% perfect working order or throttle body will not budge

if u dont know much on computerised stuff stay away from these
if u do buy one buy a front cut and make sure it runs in the fornt cut befor eu buy
otherwise go get an old 350 chev heeheheheh
unless u r the ceo of toyota japan

anyway y spend the extra money i dont think they have much more power than a std
1uz
like why would u waste all the time n money and fk around for an extraq 30 or 40 kws
and im not even sure if its even 30 kws when u compare in std form
i might be wrong when quoting kw figures

the money saved can be then spent on a 1uz non vvti and gotten to make ok power comparable to the vvti 1uz

anyway my opinin is this
i would not spend little money on a 1uz doing abit fo this or abit of that
all u do is spend alot for little gain
i would personally save up more and either supercharge it or twin turbo it
i have never been one to spend 2000 on getting cams fitted for abit of gain
id rather spend 5 to 8 grand and get a very good gain
these motors love forced induction

I am swapping a 1uzfe vvti into my 97 tacoma. i have the ecu and the key. will i need the immobilizer? I was told that the ecu can be reprogrmmed to not use the immobilzer. But have also heard cannot have that done. Thanks for your help.

Drew,
Did you have any luck? I want to put one of these in my TR7.

thanks,
Dan B.
S. Charleston, WV