1UZFE Vs. 2UZFE Bucket

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
is pocket porting, when u have a a hole in ur pocket then you port n polish your own head? cos if it is i have done that on numerous occasions. im getting turned on thinking about sticking my finger in the hole, is that normal? what's with all the sex talk :p

Jake did a fantastic job porting Joe's head, the head has been hardly touched and flows 290cfm.

GoMac is currently in the middle of a new port for his new NA combo and his numbers so far are fantastic he is around 300-310cfm already standard size valve. when he is done, i believe he will have the biggest HP NA 1UZ ever.

the place were alot of people stuff up is the cam. the right port job and right cam and it will make power its as simple as that. you also have to remember there is more components then just the port job and cam. intake manifold etc etc everything needs to be right.

we have proved that bigger is not always better. however, we are going bigger with the next port job so we hope it will be better ;)

Lol....
Hope you didnt get that info off the net like xr8tt does
;)

Lol....
Hope you didnt get that info off the net like xr8tt does
;)

i heard it off a guy who heard it off someone else, who's step brothers aunties niece saw it on a youtube video :p

its only common sense isn't it, if ur upgrading one bit some other bits gonna need it also, especially if u want to make power over 5500rpm ;)

i heard it off a guy who heard it off someone else, who's step brothers aunties niece saw it on a youtube video :p

its only common sense isn't it, if ur upgrading one bit some other bits gonna need it also, especially if u want to make power over 5500rpm ;)
Is this referring to me ???

The heads where put together by my machinist..Who through Tighe cams cam up with this solution..
Keven at Kelford do similar conversions in there high reving stock cars in NZ...I grew up around stock cars in NZ way back..
If they make 480+ h.p N/A why not go along there lines...
No where have I seen any thing about what was done on the internet...

Come on Ash show me where the bowl area is ???

Is this referring to me ???

The heads where put together by my machinist..Who through Tighe cams cam up with this solution..
Keven at Kelford do similar conversions in there high reving stock cars in NZ...I grew up around stock cars in NZ way back..
If they make 480+ h.p N/A why not go along there lines...
No where have I seen any thing about what was done on the internet...

Come on Ash show me where the bowl area is ???

i don't care what anyone else has done, what have you done with a 1UZ? this is a 1UZ website, i want to know what you have done with a 1UZ engine. what power u have made etc etc?

i don't care what anyone else has done, what have you done with a 1UZ? this is a 1UZ website, i want to know what you have done with a 1UZ engine. what power u have made etc etc?
Yea getting there... Bloody slow.. The ECU I bought new is way past out of date now... Funerals, drive by shootings and weddings slow things down...
Trying to do this build in house as much as I can with my son's & grandchildren..

Kelford supplied the cams.. Went along with there suggestions on how to fit valve train...

Yea getting there... Bloody slow.. The ECU I bought new is way past out of date now... Funerals, drive by shootings and weddings slow things down...
Trying to do this build in house as much as I can with my son's & grandchildren..

Kelford supplied the cams.. Went along with there suggestions on how to fit valve train...

ok, so you personally have done nothing with the 1UZ?

as i have said on numerous occasions to other people on the forum, if you need some help let us know. talk to people that have done it before, dont talk to cam companies. half of them probably havent dealt with anything like ur building and without a heap of info will find it hard to pick a cam.

put it this way, we tried Kelford, no good, tried another set, no good. had Jake spec us out a cam and it works perfectly.

I've talked to you guys many times at WSID..
Stock cars in N.Z are big $$$$ the money spent on them to bang
into each other while racing is a site to be seen..
The 1UZ is popular engine as capacity must be under 4.0 and single carb..
To make the power they need to rev 10.000 rpm with ease...
The shim under fitted from the 4 cyl Echo engine and away it went..
In saying what was done.. Please don't think I'm degrading the Capri...
I admire how well it goes etc.. Post first link on here...
Being a RACE car etc I went total on some sections..
Heads are the power source so went as far as I could...
Argo and C.P's hold it all together...

I've talked to you guys many times at WSID..
Stock cars in N.Z are big $$$$ the money spent on them to bang
into each other while racing is a site to be seen..
The 1UZ is popular engine as capacity must be under 4.0 and single carb..
To make the power they need to rev 10.000 rpm with ease...
The shim under fitted from the 4 cyl Echo engine and away it went..
In saying what was done.. Please don't think I'm degrading the Capri...
I admire how well it goes etc.. Post first link on here...
Being a RACE car etc I went total on some sections..
Heads are the power source so went as far as I could...
Argo and C.P's hold it all together...

ok, we talk to alot of people at the track. tell us who u r next time so we know ;)

we didn't think you were degrading the Capri, what you do to your car has no affect on what we have done.

how much money you have spent on the heads, engine etc, the engine should be alot better and make way more power, more efficiently than the Capri. if it doesn't then back to the drawing board :D

the good thing about the Capri is we know we still have alot of power left that we can find as we have went nowhere near to the extreme as we still could. bigger port job, comp, ditch the lower manifold and a few other things we are confident of seeing another 150hp at the same boost. wouldn't be too many 1UZ's apart from the Gullotto's showing 1300+hp@30psi ;)

Last edited:
All I want is consistent times...
The bug has me on bracket racing...
One missed gear in the TKO and an 18 second F150 nearly beat me...
6.2 seconds start seems a bloody long time...
Auto's are far more consistent, faster ...

All I want is consistent times...
The bug has me on bracket racing...
One missed gear in the TKO and an 18 second F150 nearly beat me...
6.2 seconds start seems a bloody long time...
Auto's are far more consistent, faster ...

can't see why it can't be consistent. if the track is ok, we usually run within a few hundredths all day. your not chasing big power or big boost so you should be fine.

Well ??? Depends on your prospective..
To some 800 h.p in 1200 kg or so body would be some ride..
I just hope I can spool this big muther of a turbo...
The converter is 4500 rpm.. I think I'll get a "proper" built glide though..

Well ??? Depends on your prospective..
To some 800 h.p in 1200 kg or so body would be some ride..
I just hope I can spool this big muther of a turbo...
The converter is 4500 rpm.. I think I'll get a "proper" built glide though..

if the car is setup properly it will be fine. we have alot of guys commend us on the Capri as the car just does its job when it leaves the hole. even at 170mph it feels like your only doing 100km/h. the Capri is lightish 1350kg.

we threw in a mate, he had not driven a fast car for 4 years and the fastest he has been is 10.5@127. jumped into the Capri by his 4th pass he had done mid 8's @ 156mph, boost went up passes 5 and 6 were a 8.28 and a 8.29 both @165-166, those last 4 passes were all within 1/100th of each other. how good is that to jump into a car you haven't been in for 4 years and run 1/100th each pass ;) we watch the incar, he has his hand off the steering wheel half way down the track ready to pull the chute :p video of the runs here to show u just how smooth it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek3eoho4n5A

we have a 7500rpm, 2-step is set on 5500rpm, the thing spools up in an instant, if we can spool up 1400hp worth of turbo u should have no problems with 800hp or whatever its rated to. your heads flow more, bigger cams, better intake manifold setup, probably more comp, Capri is only around 8.3-8.5:1 the car is popping off its nut on the 2-step by the 2nd amber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ_11c4d0SM

you don't need a good box, Joe used his old shitter powerglide was a V6 box with V8 planetaries held till about 1050hp then it broke, it was only meant for 800hp but it served the purpose well. u being light also will be a bonus. i think it was like a $2500 box 6 years ago LOL

Last edited:
Does it have SFI balancer, flex plate ??
I think it's required with trans brake ..
I purchased a P/G [TCI- 712176] for BBC from Summit way back..
I wish I spent an extra $500 or so and got the stronger internals..
Has 30 spline main shaft..
I have in past had rally / car club type cars which is way different to this project..
Nearly everything needs attention...Mainly strength through transmission, rear suspension ...
Auto's are soooo much better the more power you have..

For others reading this..
Btw this is ONLY required for ANDRA drag racing!!
Yep my only concern being such a short wheel base is getting power to the ground and straight line
speed...To be safe..

Flattering on the inlet .. I hope it works.. Not too large runners...??
It's all fun to a point when you, family and mates help build a project like this..
My Mrs knows the second I come home how the days been working on the car..

A bloody Prius out of all cars run me over at Hornsby service station and my hips
don't work like they did 2 years ago..May as well be dead if you cannot enjoy working
on what you have passion for..

The guy who does our families machine work ownes the Granny Pac Torana..
I'm usually at WSID with my mates EB Falcon.. Finally has forged internals now..

Last edited:
Does it have SFI balancer, flex plate ??
I think it's required with trans brake ..
I purchased a P/G [TCI- 712176] for BBC from Summit way back..
I wish I spent an extra $500 or so and got the stronger internals..
Has 30 spline main shaft..
I have in past had rally / car club type cars which is way different to this project..
Nearly everything needs attention...Mainly strength through transmission, rear suspension ...
Auto's are soooo much better the more power you have..

For others reading this..
Btw this is ONLY required for ANDRA drag racing!!
Yep my only concern being such a short wheel base is getting power to the ground and straight line
speed...To be safe..

Flattering on the inlet .. I hope it works.. Not too large runners...??
It's all fun to a point when you, family and mates help build a project like this..
My Mrs knows the second I come home how the days been working on the car..

A bloody Prius out of all cars run me over at Hornsby service station and my hips
don't work like they did 2 years ago..May as well be dead if you cannot enjoy working
on what you have passion for..

The guy who does our families machine work ownes the Granny Pac Torana..
I'm usually at WSID with my mates EB Falcon.. Finally has forged internals now..

the Capri still runs the factory balancer, the other brother's 2J actually still runs the factory balancer also. really should have an SFI approved one, Capri wasn't supposed to run those numbers and it just ended up staying in.

the PG might be ok, not sure what power it's rated to. being light and turbo it's not as tuff on the box. should be good for 800hp.

u could throw a letterbox on a turbo car as an intake manifold and it would work :p some are just more efficient than others.

if i remember correctly an RA28 has around a 98-100'' i have a similar size wheelbase and am looking to pump 2500hp into it :D the brothers Corolla is a half-3/4 chassis car like yours, has a 95'' wheelbase, makes 1200hp and runs 8.0@175mph and it runs straight. i have seen smaller wheelbased rotaries making the same or slightly more hp run low 7's and some even 6's. ur worrying about nothing. if your still worried take it down to Burnsy (SCF Racecars) or Rod Andrews, they will throw it up on a set of scales and work it all out for you, they dont charge much to do that.

Aha seen some mighty wheelstands from the Corolla ...

All in the wastegate control...

:p he liked doing wheelstands so just left with way too much off the line. could be controlled when needed or when Joe was driving. John just loved doing 300ft wheelstands too much ;)

brosiejohnwheelie.jpg