1UZFE TO W58 in a Hotrod

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ford34

I am new to this forum and new to this range of engnies and gearboxes. All comments, tips and help are greatly appreciated.
I have a 1934 Ford Sedan project that at some point in the future will be a cool street rod. I looked at various engine choices mostly Small Block Chevy and Ford V8's. For the cash the best available option or bhp/£'s was the lexus V8. They are reasonably cheap in the UK compaired to the imported american V8's.
I bought a 1UZFE engine and W58 from an abandoned drift car project. I t has the loom/ecu's etc and I reasonably confident about getting it going. The bit I could with some help is the getting gearbox attached.
Some pics of the car now and hopefully after.
346515b0531e2999.jpg

346517448d03a8f0.jpg

I have put some pics of the gearbox and parts. I am assured it is a W58 with it's clutch etc. The flywheel that is on the engine looks to have been fabricated and I am not sure about it's quality or suitability. For ease the T56 throughout bearing would seem to be the way to go. I would appreciate advice about the other parts required and the easiest way forward (and lest cost!).
Thanks,
Ian

346517448d16d681.jpg
346517448d199304.jpg
346517448d2e43bf.jpg
346517448d425018.jpg

For some reason the pics don't come up, only the link. May have a lot to do with my poor IT skills!

Last edited:
For some reason the pics don't come up, only the link. May have a lot to do with my poor IT skills!

you have to change a setting under your User CP for the pictures to show for you. User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Check the box "Show Pictures".

Last edited:
Thanks for that. How much is the shipping on one of your conversion kits to the UK? and would the clutch I have pictured work with it?

Are you sure the FW is fabricated? Just looks like a stock 3S n/a Toyota cast iron flywheel to me....would not use!!

That clutch looks pretty tired as well?

Sure you don't want an auto? Zillion times easier and suits a rod ok.....put a shift kit in with a tight converter and it will shift hard and be great for skids ;)

That is the only cheap option you have

it's a nissan flywheel, the 3s has 8 bolt holes not 6. plus the 3s does not have a counterbore on the fw. that's a nissan thing... The only thing that's the same on those flywheels is the ring gear tooth count and diameter.

and yeah, auto's are nice for hot rods. it's what about 98% of the hot rodders do around here.

Are you sure the FW is fabricated? Just looks like a stock 3S n/a Toyota cast iron flywheel to me....would not use!!

That clutch looks pretty tired as well?

Sure you don't want an auto? Zillion times easier and suits a rod ok.....put a shift kit in with a tight converter and it will shift hard and be great for skids ;)

That is the only cheap option you have

I appreciate you both taking time to answer my questions.
Just one more. I have read there are both 4 speed autos on the earlier cars and 5 speed autos on the later cars. It's any early engine so would I have any issues connecting and running with the later 5 speed box (electronically)?
Thanks Again.

Thanks for the reply. There is a few for sale locally so hopefully it won't take long to cource one. Are the W58's in demand? I should easily make my money back?