1UZFE into Toy Taco (US)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

johnw

Hello all. I've been lurking here for a couple of months now and have tried to learn and read all I can. Thank you for all of your helpful info.

Here's my project. I bought a 1UZFE out of a 98 GS400 w/wiring harness and am going to attempt to put it into my 96 2wd truck. Also attempting to switch from auto to manual. First dilemma is finding a trans. Is there any 5/6 spd trans that will bolt right up? If not, it looks like the best thing to do is get a Supra trans and custom bell? Also not sure about sump, mounts, computer... and a few other things I'm sure. I have a tech/mech that is helping me with the project. Also, not in a hurry- we'll probably start on it in the spring. Meanwhile I must gather info and supplies.

Thanks!
John

Like dave (Lextreme) said, the W5x, R154, and the MKIV 6 speed will work, but non will bolt up. The W5x and the R154 tranny's will requier a bellhousing from one of the few companies down under that make them or an adapter to be made. The MKIV supra 6 speed will requier an adapter to be custom made. There are no bolt up manual tranny's, but just about any tranny could work will a little effort and fabrication. I am making an adapter to fit the W58 tranny to the AT bellhousing and in the near future will be making an adapter to use a Tremic TKO 500/600 5speeds and the Tremic T56 6speed.

Good luck on your project!

Chris

T56 i have one on my Cobra and love it....... Plenty of US cars use T56 (Cobras, camaros, Vets, Vipers Trans-am and few other trucks.)

johnw, is that Delaware, in the u.s. just go to ebay and you can pick one up complete with clutch, belhousing, shifter and other necessary bits for around a bit more than a 1,000 and totally remanufactured around 2,000. I rarely ever see a getrag, and when i have, its at least 3,000, you can find at-56 at any time. I'm not sure what the t-56 is running for in the land down under or New Zealand, but it should be offered in several Holden's as i went to the holden website and saw a few vehicles offered with this transmission.

hey, that is Delaware- the state! kinda, anyway. there's a rebuilt getrag on there for 2500. there's another one that needs rebuilt probably, sitting @ two fifty right now. guess I was just hoping something would bolt up without an adapter.

Well, I finally got trans, went with the A/T from a 92ish ls400. In a few weeks, we'll probably start on the swap. Still need to get motor mounts made and get an ecu.