1uzfe into my mk3 supra.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GT400

ok, so i know it can and has been done (www.v8supra.com). i only know of one, and know of none in the U.S., but i could be wrong. I pulled the motor, wiring harness, ecu, etc. out of an sc400 last week (which i got for a song). my goal is to have the motor running in stock trim by the end of the summer, with a TT install to follow eventually. If anyone has any tips or questions i can answer, i would be more than willing to offer up anything i learn during the process.

SC400 motor will drop right in pretty much...... Just make sure u get the rest of the harnesses. Dean M. also have done this type of conversion and lots in Australia.

When Dean was doing the conversion, he was missing harneses under the dash. I would keep the car until ur conversion is fully finished.

well, unfortunately, i cant keep the car till the swap is done, due to neighborhood regulations against wrecked cars..., but i will go ahead and pull the dash apart tomorrow, and get the underhood wires out as well.

Get the Fuel Pump Computer from behind the driver, between the B-pillar and C-pillar. (at least its on the LHS on RHD cars)
Car will throw a code without it. The suspension computer is next to it.

There is (or may be) a fan control computer somewhere too.

There also may be a Traction control computer somewhere.

Take as much of the harness as you can too.
Take the fusebox out too, it makes it much easier when decifering what does what.

xirforever said:
What transmission do you plan to use with your new 1uz?
i will be using the r154 that came stock in my supra.

Lextreme said:
Yup... take as much as u can. take it eventhough u dont think u will need it. U can always sell it.
yep :) i already pulled all the traction control stuff from under the hood, as well as the nearly new (been sitting for 6 months) front brake calipers... all stuf i cant use, but intend to sell.

Ok, cool, what route, if you dont mind me being so nosy, do you plan on going to mate up your R154 to your 1uz? Bellhousing and clutch setup mainly

as i understand it, there is a company in Australia that makes a direct fit adapter for the 1uz to the r154, so i plan on persuing that. i was all excited about the fidanza flywheel thing, but it seems thats not gonna happen, so im not yet sure about clutch.

yeah there are two main companies in australia, Dellow automotive and CRS. Im going to go with CRS because of much better communication skills.

Thats what i thought too, that the fidanza buy had completely fell through, but just the other day i got an email from username stating the final developing stages are almost complete and that he would keep me updated after one had been made and tested on a motor. He said that email went to a couple of people, so if you want in, i suggest PMing him about it, but i wouldnt expect a response quick. One thing i do know is that no R154 pressure plate will fit on any 1uz to supra flywheels. Its just too big, youll have to use a W58 clutch setup or 3sgte. Im pretty sure those both have the same bolt pattern for pressure plate.

If I'm not mistaken V8supra is using an mk3 clutch setup in his 1uZ-R154 conversion. I was told that the mk3 ring gear is taken off and heat shrunk onto the 1uZ flywheel. Allows you to use the mk3 starter as well.

i never understood the redrilling process, but i have been in touch with peter (v8supra), so i will ask him. since a stock flywheel for the 7mgte is only $34, that seems like the way to go to me.

Peewee, that does seem like a good route, i guess if he did it, it wouldnt compromise the flywheels integrity too much. So did he just redrill it and it fit right on, how hard is it to heat shrink the ring gears? Can machine shops do it?

a couple questions about the redrilling idea, that maybe you guys can answer. the 7m flywheel has 7 holes, the 1u has 8... so it cant be a simple adjustment. hows this work? anyone else done this?

edit: after checking out v8supra.com, it makes much more sense.. lol

JDMfantasy said:
Ah yes, my mistake. The 1UZ ring gear was heat shrunk on to the mk3 flywheel and then redrilled to work with the 1UZ starter.

So i take a 7M flywheel, put a 1UZ ring gear on it, and redrill the 7M flywheel to fit the 1UZ crank?