1UZFE into a VN

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

barters81

Sorry if this is old news, but I'm chasing a little info on putting a 1UZFE into a VN commodore. Basically I'm going to work the stuffing out of the engine with a turbo, but first I want to put one in. Does anyone know of a place in Brisbane that has done this before? I'm assuming due to the nature of these engines and that they fit into VN's I'm not the only one with the idea.

I can get an engine for under 4K with wiring loom, so what do you reckon the rest would cost?

any help would be appreciated.

Umm, you can get engines with wiring looms and ecu for under 2k (AUD)
You can get engines with cut looms and no ecu to under 1k (AUD)

not including the turbo costs, and depending what box you use, but including an aftermarket ecu, expect an addition 6-10k in costs

hehe.. 1uz's in commodores..... i've been playing at the idea too...

except i have a vt series 2... engine bays are MASSIVE and will definately fit some nice equipment.... just gotta wait for the damn v6 to blow.... then ill have to convince my brother it isnt worth fixing, hehe

Thanks guys. Now I know they'll fit, its time to suss out who will do it in Brisbane and a little more on the costs. I'd hate to get half way in and realise it's going to cost twice as much as I'd hoped. (although whats new with building a street machine)

PeeWee - Is that price for a new engine from the toyota factory floor? That sounds pretty sweet.

Basically I'm in the situation of either buying a new car for around 30K or sinking that cash into somthing I can truly call mine(which me likes). I figurerd spending probably 15K on the engine/trans all up as it'd need to be strong, quick and neat.

I've also heard that some awesome power can be achieved from the new Lancruiser motors......anyone heard of conversions involving them?

Peewees prices were for used engines. Most would have less than 120,000km on them which means they are just run in!

Do a search of the Site I think someone has done this with a VR/VS so should be able to give some idea of costs. From memory they had to make their own log style headers as the stock pipes fouled the skirts.

You need to work out what sump you need front, mid or rear as this can save you the cost of purchasing another sump.

Wiring the stock ECU is straight forward but integrating it into the Holden loom may take a while.

This looks a sraight forward swap and you should be able to do it for less than $7,500.