1UZFE into a 1986 Toyota Hi Ace van?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
thinking about the dimensions of the van's engine cavity space, i think this one might be a little too difficult..... actually, scrap that, it's impossible without hacking up the whole damn thing... bring out the measuring tape and see how much space you have...

from what everyone's research has shown, you'll be needing around 700mm cubed space for the engine...

btw, welcome to the forum.... ok, please dont get mad if im wrong, but i think you're the first lady in here....

R-Jay said:
thinking about the dimensions of the van's engine cavity space, i think this one might be a little too difficult....
i know theres a chev v8 in a van in victoria and it flies, i don't know about thevans with motors under driver etc but my dad converted his 1970 4 cyl ford transit(postie van) that now has a leyland 4.4 v8 with 2 cyl in the engine bay and 6 inside the cabin, a big hole was cut into the cab area and a removable cowel fitted to cover engine so you canstill chech oil levels an service spark plugs.
probably can be done but if you don't have to cut up the floor it would be a safer and easier job.
you've now got me wonderig if a quad cam motor would fit in a mitsbishi express van 1993???

Someone locally has apparently put a 1J into a similar van, but he had to hack his firewall and when you open the side door you can see it :eek: Regardless to say, he had alot of trouble registering it LOL

It SEEMS like it will fit (it's being measured today)

So it doesn't seem like it's been done before? I've searched the 'net and can't find anything... oh well, if we attempt it I'll let you know if it works :D

I too know of a van that was here in QLD that had a v8. It was a hi-ace van with a 318 Chrysler in it. It was hung very low and most of it (read 6 cly) in the rear compartment. I suppose it could be done, but it raises the question - why? It is to be different or cos the motors shagged?

Oh, well to see woman interested in these crazy conversions that chew up most of our money and time! :)

Good luck!!

Cheers

webbie said:
why? It is to be different or cos the motors shagged?

Good luck!!

Cheers
my brother has an express van mitsbish, and the motor is shagged and the price for a 2 litre POS is rediculous! he's gunna fit a V6 from commodore if he decides to keep it as i think CRS do a kit to drop in using only motor, not sure exactly but i know nothing needs chopping as i have seen one finished with an auto. bro has 5 speed.

It's not my van it belongs to my "significant other" and yes the motor's shagged... I rang the wreckers and found out a 3Y or 4Y was $1500 - $1895 and I knew he could get a 1UZ for that so I suggested it... it seems it would fit with a little bit of fabrication work but his mechanic's not willing to do it and he kind of needs it on the road fairly quickly :(

This isn't my kind of conversion :p mine is to TT a 1UZ but it's not going to happen anytime soon :( but researching that is how I found this site originally... good place, keep up the good work :D

toyota made hi-ace ambulances with factory fited 1uz-fe so i dont see why it wouldnt fit in an older model .

theres a guy in auckland with one and my fabricator has a ambulance motor going in his project. the ambulance motor has 2 acceasory drive belts perfect for the supercharger he is installing!

I have a '94 Mitsi L300 (Express?) van getting a front sump 1UZ and A341 trans. I have got as far as sitting the motor on blocks in position and am about to start building mounts.

Tight but it will fit - closest point is the pwr steer pulley and the left top susp arm @ 20mm. The motor torques this way so firm mounts and possibly a stabiliser required.
Celsior exhaust manifolds are close to the torsion bars but headers will fix this. Have 10mm between the sump and the engine crossmember, low as I can go, and had to cut the engine hatch to clear the front of the plenum and the distributors, both seat belt mounts had to go unfortunately. Crank pulley is 100mm behind the front axle c/l so weight distribution will be good but had to cut the rear bulkhead out to the width of the engine compartment. Have cut the rear bulkhead out of a diesel van (has a hump) and will fit it as a removable panel so I can change the rear r/h two plugs and repair the heater hoses without taking the motor out. About 50mm back from the std bulkhead.
Remote mount oil filter. 1uz pwr steer, alt, and a/c comp all fit although std L300 pwr steer resevoir adapted to the 1uz pump with a hose @ fitting.
A custom crossmember is required to hang the trans from.
Std L300 diff is strong enough and 4.222:1 ratio is cool. L/S units from L200/Pajero will fit.
Will sort some photo's if you keen....

Check out the mad plumber on http://www.fullboost.com.au/feature_car.php?id=474&p=1

Hello Leanne

It will be tight but I am confident it would fit. I think the 86 van has a square engine compartment unlike the post 1990 van which have a battery box which takes space into the engine bay on the left hand side. I have a 1990 100 series van which I brought to fit the 1uz into. I have a customer with the V6 commodore motor in a 1992 van and it looks good. There is still room to get down the sides at the spark plugs. The chevy engines are also quite narrow. If it fits into a L300 then it will fit a hiace. As for the Ambulance V8's they definately exist but I believe that they could be the Regulis model which have a front bonnet so fitting the V8 would be easier. I have the chassis code and my mate at toyota tried to find more info but we had no luck. You also have to consider wether you are going auto or manual. The manual linkages look like a bitch but I'm going to try. I'm starting as soom as all my mates projects are finished, 2 left , a supercharged to turbo charged levin and a V6 quadcam turbo navara ute.
Cheers