1uzfe - Are SC400 and LS400 engine harnesses interchangable?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Im about to pick up a SC400 1uzfe complete with a cut wire harness for $100.

My local (very cheap) junkyard always has a few LS400's but never an SC400.

Can I take an LS400 complete engine wiring harness and an LS400 ECU and directly bolt it onto my SC400 with no issues?

If I decide to... can I also use the LS400 engine plugs and solder everyone to my SC400 cut wiring harness and then use the LS400 ECU?

BTW, this is NOT for my SC. lol.

if you plan to run the 1uz in a car that isnt a lexus then the ls400 loom should fit
if u use the ls400 ecu

only differences sometimes are the 6 and 2 pin plugs next to left hand side front injector
i know crown and sc400 are different
so just look at that section and see if they are the same

then u have the plug that does the knock sensors and starter might be different

then the auto section might be different

if you plan to run the 1uz in a car that isnt a lexus then the ls400 loom should fit
if u use the ls400 ecu

only differences sometimes are the 6 and 2 pin plugs next to left hand side front injector
i know crown and sc400 are different
so just look at that section and see if they are the same

then u have the plug that does the knock sensors and starter might be different

then the auto section might be different

sideshow is right on about this. The starter solenoid wire/knock sensor harness connection is slightly different as is the connector at the front left hand side near the injector.

I know this first hand as I'm using a SC400 1UZ engine with a LS400 harness/ECU in my 240sx project. We just got it running last night without major issue so swapping harnesses will work with minor modification.

there is a sub harness at front of motor which does the craank and cam sensors and also the left hand coil

i know a crown is diff to a sc400 as i have drawn up the differences
but not sure if an ls400 is different
id think not

crowns are always diff to the rest

In my case the SC400 sub harness on the engine had a two pin connector for the coil and a six pin for the LH cam sensor, crank sensor, and hydraulic fan pump solenoid. The LS400 harness will have a 4 pin connector where the 6 pin connector is on the SC400 if memory serves me correctly. I had a spare LS400 parts engine so I just used the front sub harness off of it to use with my LS400 harness/ecu.