1uz + r154 tranny + stock ecu.. questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

alright, So soon i'll hopefully be doing my swap. I will be using a 1uz most likely out of a celsoir from overseas, an mk3 r154 transmission that I have leftover from my mk3 supra I recently sold, and a stock lexus ls400 computer.

I'm told, and have read that I may come into problems with the computer, where the computer believes that the car is indeed still automatic and will give me problems because of this. Is anyone able to enlighten me on this?
I will be keeping everything pretty hardcore stock. I imagine I'll have to get a pair of cats in order to get the o2 sensors wired up and ready to go.. yes it's going to be VERY stock.. I figure that if I were to take the cats away and not have o2 sensors the computer would go absolutely haywire.
Anyhow.. please let me know if I'm going to experience problems and what I can do to overcome them.
This stuff is going into my 1972 toyota corolla (te27)
any help would be appreciated
thanks peoples!

I've revised what I'm looking for.. PLEASE HELP!
I've hopefully explained it a little better down below in about the 9th post on this thread.
PLEASE HELP and advise me if you can!

If you are using a JDM ecu then it will only have 1 pair of o2 sensors, and will not monitor the condition of the cats.

As for the ECU you can do a few things.
1) You can just trick it to thing that it is in Neutral all the time.
2) You can put a double pole switch on your clutch pedal, so that when the pedal is depressed, it thinks its in Neutral, and when its out, it things it in Drive.
3) You may need to hook up one of the speed sensors
4) You will get error messages, but probably from the O/D OFF light meaning that the ecu cannot detect the gbox solenoids. Feel free to trick the ECU into thinking the are there though.

All that should be required as a minimum is bridging the neutral switch.

I will most likely be using a Canadian/American ecu because the engines i'm able to get will not come with an ecu.
How do you go about tricking the ecu to think that the car is in neutral all the time?
Does this pose any problem when you're really hammering on that oh so wonderful gas pedal?
If I dont have to use cats that would be awesome.. dont know whether I will or not just yet.. gotta think how much of an eco nut I wanna be.. I'll be driving the car a lot and more than likely every day as this will hopefully be my daily driver. First things first though.. gotta figure out these problems.
Thanks for the help so far!
Keep it coming!

wicked!.. thanks for the info!.. really appreciate it!
now i'm gonna narrow the search!
i found that the engine i was looking for did not have a front mounted sump.. which was my reason for the questions
thanks for the help so far guys!
it really is appreciated!

okay here i am again
i've recently been told that I WILL experience problems with using the stock ecu and a manual r154 transmission.
Please let me know more about tricking the computer and hopefully making everything work well together.
I'm hoping to have my transmission kit VERY soon, recently I found that there is someone on the forum who will be making a bell kit to mate the r154 to the 1uz .
That's probably the only reason I havent slept with my transmission and bell kit in my room as yet. Anyway. With this new information and the information that my stock ecu will not be sufficient even though I'm going to leave everything COMPLETELY stock. I'm thinking where to spend my money first. I cant buy it all together and I MUST buy it piece by piece. I'm going to be working on paying off some of my school loan this year AND the corolla, while still planning to go back next year so i'm on a super tight budget. The fact that I'm hoping to use the stock ecu is about the only corner I'll be cutting on this build so please dont think I'm being cheap or anything. Please talk to me though and let me know what it is I should be doing. I know that I may be asking for some trade secrets here.. but I dont plan on mass producing anything.. not that it helps.. someone else worked real hard to figure this stuff out before me.. and in a way I guess what i'm lookin for is a little bit of a handout.
Anyway. Help is greatly appreciated. If I had currency to add to my appreciation believe me, I WOULD.
I'de better stop trying to explain.
Please help if you can
thanks!

Attachments

• 109-0955_IMG.JPG
    109-0955_IMG.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 14
  • 109-0957_IMG.JPG
    109-0957_IMG.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 109-0961_IMG.JPG
    109-0961_IMG.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 109-0963_IMG.JPG
    109-0963_IMG.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 10
  • 109-0971_IMG.JPG
    109-0971_IMG.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 109-0974_IMG.JPG
    109-0974_IMG.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 109-0980_IMG.JPG
    109-0980_IMG.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 109-0981_IMG.JPG
    109-0981_IMG.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
it is not a problem to do. My 1uz with toyota 5 speed runs fine without tricking the ecu, running a crown majesta ecu, it does not log a code on the dash, run fine and good on fuel. It did require a speed signal from my dash

you guys are wicked!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!
i'm definately keeping you all posted once it starts
right now.. still accumulating parts
the main goal though is to have it running before summer's end and on the road.. so everythign is being redone.. brakes.. steering.. rear.. guages.. all that jazz..

i have a question guys.. i found an engine.. i have an ls400 computer
the engine i found has a harness that has ..
err.. how do i explain this..
alright here goes
it's a mid sump engine
i have an ls400 computer
there is a plug for the 26 prong outlet, and the 16 prong outlet coming off the same part of the loom
now there is another plug that goes beside those 2 (the 22 prong outlet)
but it is not in ht eexact same bunch as those two( i'm talking about hte exact same bunch of wires, but it's wierd because well.. it is part of the same loom?!)..
also there is that other outlet that is left untouched (the one outlet that sits away from the 3 outlets on the ecu)
now if you're looking at the ecu in the above link then you're concentrating on the 2 outlets to the furthest left!
the 3rd outlet is a different coloured plug but it fits into the 3rd outlet.. the colour of the plug is black wehre the other 2 are grey. I was thinking that the 3 plugs are for the engine and the last one is to the dash or whatever.. PLEASE help me out
thanks A MILLION for what help you're able to assist me with!

Yeah, you confused me but that's not hard.

You need all four plugs as per the diagram below. Plan it out one wire at a time and it will come together.

Toys,

You have a JDM Crown engine.

That emgine runs and ECU asnd an ECT for the trans.

The extra plug wil be the trans plug.

The esiest solution would be to get a Crown ECU form Australia/NZ (there are quite a few floating around, and you may also pickup the mising chassis plugs, as this will save lots of work.

Post a WTB ad and see what you get.

Zuffen,
alright the engine i actually bought was the one with the front mounted sump (it was the only engine with a front mounted sump AND it was also the only engine that I'm able to use because of the way my crossmember sits in my te27)
BUT i had to get the harness from the mid mounted sump engine
which plug is the extra plug?
am i not able to use my ls400 ecu?
cause this complicates things a little..
Cobber, thanks for the reply I'm going to sit and figure out this wiring diagram you have there!
I'm going to see about picking up some LONG arse bolts to hold the engine to the engine stand tomorow..
the engine is sitting in my Dad's van along with the v6 4 runner rear I also picked up!
I'm hoping to either have pics up real soon.. which i have to figure out how to do.. OR start up like a myspace page or something.. AAAAAAAAAnyhow
as soon as i have pics available I'll be crying for someone to help me post them up.. hehe

alright.. so i need the fourth plug
it'll be the 26 pin plug right beside the 22 pin plug
i believe i have the 22 pin plug, the 16 pin plug and the 26 pin plug.. i do not have the 26 pin plug that sits beside the 22 pin plug.. does anyone know what part of the car that particular plug is?.. obviously it can be found on the part of the car were all the plugs are found.. (under the dash and all together connected to the ecu) but there are only 3 plugs that are part of the engine harness.. those being the 26 pin the 16 pin and the 22 pin.. the 26 pin plug found next to the 22 pin plug is not on the harness that I got.. i may have the COMPLETELYL wrong harness.. as it came from a vehicle with a mid mounted sump.. but please let me know how i go about getting the other plug.. what on the car is it attached to? is it part of the dash? I believe it also is required in order for me to run the ls400 computer with the engine..
the plan is to run only the ecu with my engine (obviously i will have to run it to power and have fuel running to it as well.. but you understand the basic idea right?)
please let me know guys
I've scowered the yards locally to come up with nothing in terms of what i'm looking for.. any help is appreciated in figuring this out!

ive never had to trick the ecu into thinking its in neutral when i wire up 1uzs with a manual box

i have had some probs but overcame them but i never had to trick the ecu

i have wired up around 40 1uzs

so im still waiting for a 1uz to prove me wrong

the 4th plug you have is piss easy to find here

do not go looking for the eexact plug with exact colours

just find a plug with 26 pins

i have shitloads of them in my junk box

you should be able to find a 26 pin plug on the actual engine harness plugs not the last plug that goes to the dash

common cars are toyota mr2 with 3sge or 3sgte engine

corolla 4age i think has 26 pin plug but make sure you look at the engine harness side
thats y they are harder to find you need to find a loom that has ben butchered up

by the way that diagram above is not really good cause the fuel pump will run all the time when ign is on

this is not a good idea cause if you crash yr pump will keep goin in engine stalls and it might even be illegal in some places

you should get the factory wiring diagrams and wire it up as std using a circuit opening relay

its just as easy as the diagram above but much better way to do it