1UZ -> R154 on a shoestring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

AdeV73

Hi Chaps,

I want to put an R154 'box behind a 1UZFE engine. I have the engine + bellhousing + autobox from an LS400, I also have an R154 gearbox + bellhousing from a Supra of unknown vintage.

I've bought the CAD file for the bellhousing-to-gearbox conversion, and will be letting the machines loose on that soon (once I've bought the ally plate).

However, I'm trying to find a suitable flywheel/clutch/clutch release bearing for this combo, & am a bit stuck.

The car will be a trackday car, so it doesn't need good road manners, therefore a very light (2kg?) flywheel should be plenty, I'd like to put a small tilton-style clutch on it, but the money needed for just the clutch bearing & clutch are eyewatering (more than I paid for the LS400 base car).

I do have access to my own machine shop, so I don't mind having a crack at making my own flywheel (will obviously get it properly balanced), but clutches/hydraulic release bearings are beyond my ken.

All suggestions welcomed :)

KS racing flywheel and clutch is about 400 quid delivered, you'd need a hilux slave cylinder too.

Did that include import VAT, by any chance? Also, do you have any contact details for KS Racing, my google skills are failing me & I can't find them...

Cheers,
Ade.

PS: Thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

Last edited: