1UZ-FE Running Rough, No Power, Any Ideas Please?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Coxy_Lexus

Hey all,
I have a Toyota Landcruiser, which I have thrown a Lexus 1UZ-FE into, along with the auto transmission out of the Lexus. I had a tail shaft made up to go from the three bolt yoke on the transmission to the back diff, hence giving me two wheel drive. Since putting it in, it has only once been running right.

At the moment it runs very rough, is much louder than usual, and when I unplug the air flow metre it makes no difference to the engine RPM. And at idle it seems to be revving a little. It also seems to have barely any power, and puts out a fair bit of vibration.

The engine has a hydraulic fan pump, which i have looped around and filled with oil, but it seems to squeak sometimes, almost as if it is getting no oil. Is it possible to take this out and plate the hole?

Also, I hit a bump too fast and the diff hit the sump, knocking a hole in it and making it drip oil. I am not sure whether this slight hole could cause it to not run right.

Doeas anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this? It is driving me insane and everywhere I take it to tells me to take it to somewhere else....

Thanks
Steve

You rough bugger....

What engine management system are you running? And is it complete with all the "fruit" such as air flow meter and the like?

Might need a bit more info so as to help you a bit better

Revving at idle? Sounds like a big fat vacuum leak... Since you have oem tranny + ecu + engine I would go over all your connections for leaks first. Also, check your tps to see if it's out of adjustment.

Hey yall,
Thanks for the halp, much appreciated.

I am running the standard ECU that came with it, and I have an air flow metre on it. The AFM did not come with the engine but I sourced it from someone who just put an aftermarket ECU in so they did not need it. I have gone over it many times to check for vacuum leaks to no avail, but I will try again and see what I can come up with.

Cheers
Steve

Is the Idle Air Control Valve hooked into the intake between the AFM and throttle body? (round thing on the front of the manifold)

u can always bring it to me

when u say rough u need to give bit more info

is it rough cause of a miss like is it spark related very commmon for leads to fail or is it rough as in fuel or air leak we reallly need more info cause just saying rough can be a million things and have u got any error codes on the ecu like everyone one else who has this prob u will prob spend thousands of bucks trying to fix it hehe
most people buy new leads and dizzy caps and rotors trying to fix probs like this

Did this ever get resolved? This sounds like the exact issue I am currently having. Will post symptoms of my issue in a different thread so I can provide more details.