1uz cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

neal

Hi,

I am putting a 1uz in an 81 diesel land cruiser (BJ 42) and want to keep the cruiser manual box and because this will be a competition truck would like to use the larger cruiser clutch (more surface area) not the hilux with stronger pressure plate as most others seem to have done. Does anyone know someone that has done this? I have meet 2 people that have done 1uz into cruiser but they keep it secret how they did it (god knows why)

Any help would be appreciated

Why not use the Landruiser 100 V8 manual bellhousing, flywheel and pressure plate.

Use your existing (or a new one at least) clutch plate.

It should all bolt together.

Not the cheapest way but with a comp truck you want it way strong.

From what we can see the States (and possibly Canada) both missed out on the manual.

The manual sells here new for about $2,500.00 less than the auto.

Zuffen said:
Why not use the Landruiser 100 V8 manual bellhousing, flywheel and pressure plate.
That's what I'm wanting to do, just chasing one down for a good price is fun, and wanting to keep it Part Timed as well...

As I don't have a gearbox yet, neither do I have an engine...

Question...
I am wanting to get the Crown model as it has the separate ECU to Gearbox Control, as staying manual i will just 'yank' it out of there. But what model sump do i need for a landcruiser conversion?

Meldge

too use a L/C manual box you will need a dual mass flywheel, and bellhousings (1 front bellhousing "engine side" 2 rear bellhousing 'gearbox side") the above will fit late model 100 series petrol or diesel gearboxes , these are very large alloy boxes with external ribbing and removable bellhousing (bolted from the inside beside the input shaft).
hope this helps

too use a L/C manual box you will need a dual mass flywheel, and bellhousings (1 front bellhousing "engine side" 2 rear bellhousing 'gearbox side") the above will fit late model 100 series petrol or diesel gearboxes , these are very large alloy boxes with external ribbing and removable bellhousing (bolted from the inside beside the input shaft).
hope this helps
check your lx470 lexus 4WD also
any sump should fit if your suspension is raised for comp.

qca said:
hope this helps
check your lx470 lexus 4WD also
any sump should fit if your suspension is raised for comp.
FOR THE SUMP...
It is raised with a 2" Susp. lift and a 2" Bodylift.

I am thinking about adding a rangerover rear end into mine, and not sure for the front yet. So there is the possibility that the Body lift may be removed.

Just wanting to check so i know i have clearance.

FOR THE GEARBOX...
Are you talking about me needing this extra gear even if i start with a 100 series V8 Manual Gearbox? I was under the impression if I bought that gearbox to start with the would be no need for any extra parts.

Cheers,

Meldge

if you buy a gear box that has both bell housings and flywheel , clutch etc you should have everything but on a side note i have been chasing a 100 series 2UZ in auto or manual and cannot find either at this stage
i even toy'd with the idea of hiring a v8 cruiser for the weekend just to measure all the components (out of the car).

Meldge,

Don't go the Range Rover diff route.

All the Rover guys are fitting Hi-Lux diff centres in their Range Rover diff housings due to the weak RR ring and pinion.

If you want to update look at late model Toyo or Nissan GQ diffs, those things are enormous.

When I start blowing mine up (I have a Maxidrive airlocker in the rear so it's bulletproof) I plan on swapping to something else but not the GQ as it isn't fully floating, and hence illegal in my car.

Zuffen said:
Meldge,

Don't go the Range Rover diff route.

All the Rover guys are fitting Hi-Lux diff centres in their Range Rover diff housings due to the weak RR ring and pinion.

If you want to update look at late model Toyo or Nissan GQ diffs, those things are enormous.

When I start blowing mine up (I have a Maxidrive airlocker in the rear so it's bulletproof) I plan on swapping to something else but not the GQ as it isn't fully floating, and hence illegal in my car.
Yeah Zuffen, I will be using 60 Series diffs in my cruiser, but just the RR coils and arms and so on...

How does the Maxi-Drive go?

Meldge

The Maxidrive is brilliant.

The axles are heaps stronger than the RR stuff as is the drive flange (with fully floating axles the axle drives a plate that is bolted to the hub. For non-4x4 readers) and you have all the benfits of a full spool when you need it and an open diff otherwise.

Whilst I rarely use it when you need it you love it.

My main problem is spinning up one front wheel. When this happens is get front axle tramp (which will end up breaking a CV joint or halfshaft) which results in the car jumping up and down andthe front axle taking 10foot long leaps down the road. This is the point where you back off and try a little less throttle.

I think with the Maxidrive engaaged and the centre diff locked I could smole up all four wheels on the right surface. Once it's supercharged it may be any surface!

I'll use the diff lock and Maxidrive when I take it to the drag strip. This should give the other racers a good laugh.

qca said:
hope this helps
A R151F gearbox fit this bellhousing? Or is it a H series gearbox bolt pattern only? What is the input shaft length of the 100 series L/C 5 speed box?

Seriously dude, forget the RR rearend, u want a GQ its unbreakable and has disks toboot.

Full floaters and V8's suck, you'll be replacing flange studs like there going out of fashion, trust me on this one, i got a 454 in a sixty series and i know all about breaking stuff.

Cheers Rob

Robbierat,

I looked at GQ diffs but they are illegal in NSW.

I can't go from fully floating axles back to semi floating without major engineering problems.

I think the Toyota diff i centres are the way to go.

I'm hoping the auto trans will soften the drive enough.

I don't use low range much so I think I can get away with softer drive lines.