1GZ Porsche swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK. We found the 3-9 shared coil issue (loose connection at coil drivers). Then we set AFR to each set of 6-Banks at 13.8..... This thing is wicked...
IMAG1320_zpsz8n18xfx.jpg

How does it drive?

Honestly, it sounded a bit sluggish in the video, but that could've been the ignition, the non-lightened flywheel, or just my imagination.....

However it runs, you're certainly to be congratulated for stuffing that monster in there!

Looking forward to seeing & hearing some driving vids.

Yes, we realized that there was a miss then diagnosed 3-9 coil and hunted it down. I'll get an exhaust vid up soon. The v12 design is hard to diagnose a misfire because this thing was designed to run on 6 cylinders if one of the ecms went out on it.
Were taking it on a spin and Dins is already talking about full sequential.....
I'm on the fence weather I will machine a billet alloy flywheel or not. It has amazing rev response with Brandon's flywheel and ACT pressure plate. We had a custom organic clutch disc made to match.

Last edited:
How are the cylinders numbered on that engine?

Here are how BMW and Ferrari number their V12 cylinders, and the two most common firing orders:

Attachments

• Ferrari vs BMW Numbering.jpg
    Ferrari vs BMW Numbering.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
Someone asked and we haven't weighed the car yet as we are still doing a few things. We now have full sequential injection AND ignition as well as having the VVTi now working....MS3 pro makes it possible.

The front end lost a total of 100 Lbs and the rear gained 40 lbs from the weights of engine and trans themselves. When I finish out my V12-Vette trans build, it will drop another 150-200 lbs from interior.

My LS1-928 would crap on even a mildly modded 928 engine with its archaic fuel inj. system and intake system. Of idle, the 1GZ V12 torque equals the LS1 torque at 4500 rpm....

Think about that one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0eWHuWmnk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
As far as braking technology, the factory 928 brakes are....factory... The LS-928 swap I adapted LEXUS LS430 monoblocks to properly put the stop to.... Again, better caliper build quality.....

WP_000249_zps949df26c.jpg

WP_000251_zpse4507b6f.jpg
WP_000252_zps308d23de.jpg
WP_000253_zps6606b9ec.jpg
WP_000254_zpsbfb290f4.jpg

16" *993 wheels fit the Boxster-S rotors with this caliper......
WP_000257_zpsa04411bc.jpg

As far as braking technology, the factory 928 brakes are....factory... The LS-928 swap I adapted LEXUS LS430 monoblocks to properly put the stop to.... Again, better caliper build quality.....

16" *993 wheels fit the Boxster-S rotors with this caliper......

Now that's really awesome. Such a simple looking set of adapters for a great upgrade in performance.

Those are 318x28mm rotors. I have also adapted Z06 6-pots to another Porsche and may mount them on my V12 build with 350mm Cayenne rotors.

I would like to know what the bolt mounting dimensions are for the LS-460 monoblocks. Then I can make a decision as those take larger rotors as well...

LS460caliper.jpg

Last edited: