1992 4runner/surf 1UZ swap pics and solid axle swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XT-1

here is some pics of the uz swapI am doing, the block I am using to get the mounts made is a VVTI block and the engine I am using a normal nonvvti engine- however there are size differences to be considerd in the mounts between the 2 because of the head height diff.

100_0587.jpg

bad v6

100_0650.jpg

good v8

100_0694.jpg

100_0734.jpg

now any info on the traction control system would be greatly appreciated.... and expedite my build- Thanx

for what its worth you aussie bastards have it good.... you dont have that bump in the firewall like our right hand drive to contend with- the head doesnt fit to well on that side(our passenger) on American 4runners/surfs

Looking forward to seeing more. Trying to get all the facts straight so I can get the wheels in motion for my swap!

Definately watching this! I know 3rd Gen Runners like mine don't have the same issues as you but tech is tech and I will bring out the hammer if necessary! Yahoo!!!!!!

(really hyper, sorry).

I am looking at swapping the drivetrain in on my 90. I already have the GM350 mated to the stock tranny, but its a junkyard motor. While I have driven 50K on the motor, I would like to get to the solid platform of the 1UZ.

XT-1, the trac is probably lost without the ABS sensors. These are the 90 tooth (I think) rings that reside on the wheel bearings. Just toss the trac computer and do without ABS. I think the DBW can be resolved without it. Any closer pics of the firewall? As it stands, I am right up against the brake lines with my distributor and the extra room info would be cool.. What tranny do you have on there?

Fig

Thanks for the link Muzza_NZ. Im actually already a member on cebby's site :) Cebby's site is a little slower the lextreme so I tend to stay over here. Seems everyone is swapping 1uz's into right hand drive trucks! You guys have it too easy.