1987 Dodge Ram 1uz issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cougarman

I am new to this forum I believe my friend has an account here and at the supra forums and some other forums because he twin turboed/1uzed his supra. But a while back I was working on my slant 6 dodge ram...in the process of changing the exhaust manifold gasket half the studs snapped in the block. So my friend had the idea of putting a 1UZ in it. I reluctantly said ok if he was gonna do the work..My knowledge is very minimal. After about 9 months of it sitting in my driveway unfinished i need to get it done..and since my friend is useless/not helping me anymore i have to conquer this task alone...
the issue it is having is it intermittently has spark. One day ill go out and try to start it and it will not start...then i will go out another day and all of a sudden it starts and has spark. Then it will not have it again...The last time I talked to my friend he thought the ECU was bad because he wasnt getting a check engine light..So i bought one on ebay and still no check engine light and intermittent starting. Could he maybe not have grounded the Ecu correctly? Looking at the schematic of The ecu it looks like the white-black wires are grounds? I will post some pictures shortly.

Found my friend who was helping me's post on this site
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11271

Last edited:
Also I am not sure but could the intermittent starting be from a bad crank shaft sensor. We used to have the engine running fine when it was in my garage. But not it doesnt seem to start.