1uzfe into 1987 Mercedes w124 230e

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
You should try buying a workshop manual or wiring diagram.

I don't believe they exist for anyone outside the Mercedes organisation.

i bought the merc workshop mnauls
3 dvds
3 pages of install instructions
loaded here up buggered if i know how the stupid software works
just proves mechanics dont make workshop manuals and software
dumb asses sitting behind a desk that know nothing bout cars do

u can find them on ebay sometimes

but i think they are useless

Ive got a copy of the wiring diagram for my car but most of it will be removed and replaced with the toyota stuff. Thats the easier part for me. The diagrams came in an aftermarket manual called Mercedes w124 1985-1995 owners workshop manual. It has a black and teal cover with a colour picture of an update w124 in the middle. It says published by technibooks but has brooklands books written on the back. Its a limited manual, alot of things arent covered but the ability to have the diagrams in front of me in fold out form is very helpful. They appear to be copies of some factory diagrams and are across 3 a4 pages.

Ive also got the factory cds for my car, pain in the ass. For one im not going to take the computer into the garage. Secondly the instructions dont translate too well. I was removing the plastic chair backs of the front seats to install head rest monitors. The instructions reads: undo the two screws at the bottom and pull out laterally. What this is in proper english is attempt to undo two screws that are as tight as engineeringly possible and pull like all buggery.

Last edited:
Have got the car back from the engineers at a cost of just over 10k. Most of this was R&D and i wanted the commodore steering to work exactly as the original mercedes steering had. The only main difference is that the merc had a collapsible steering column which now sheers instead. The motor has been mounted as far back as possible. We managed to get much further back than in the e500 and now i can fit the original toyota exhaust manifolds. (so i can start the car after the wiring is done) A new tailshaft had to be made out the merc and toyota as adapter plates dont comply in vic. unless original equipment. The holes in the merc plate didnt line up.

PB040057.jpg

Curved firewall clearance there is more clearance than what the picture shows but it is a tight fit.

PB040055.jpg

Overhead view of the commodore rack.

Last edited:
Hey there. I'm with you in that the Mercdes engines and transmiissions and ancilleries are not that good and horrendously expensive to. I have a 1993 W124 320CE Cabriolet. I'm totally over the "Benz" experience. The car itself is beautiful to look at and drive, but everything else is crap. I loe what you are doing, especially the rack conversion. 'm thinking alond the lines of a VS Commodore 5litre (or 5.7) with 4 speed auto. Similar power but huge torque improvement which will make it much nicer to drive wih a similar weight. Plus that V8 burble. I also own a 6 litre VZCommodore and a 7 litre '55 Chev so 8's are in my bood. Any chance I could talk to your conversion people/engineer? How long until you have finished the project?

ive wired up a 5.7 into a 94 merc
big job
but bigger job was the steering
it was rack n pinion if i remmeber and they had to cut out bits on the rails and rebox em
so the rack would not hit
exhaust was all custom and big job too
but eventually it got all sorted
got a modified gbox ext housing so u can run a cable speedo
ive also wired up afew 2jzs and 1jzs into early mercs
really transforms the car

ive wired up a 5.7 into a 94 merc
big job
but bigger job was the steering
it was rack n pinion if i remmeber and they had to cut out bits on the rails and rebox em
so the rack would not hit
exhaust was all custom and big job too
but eventually it got all sorted
got a modified gbox ext housing so u can run a cable speedo
ive also wired up afew 2jzs and 1jzs into early mercs
really transforms the car

Thanks for that, I visited your site and saved your info, cause there is alot of good stuff there. The '94 Benz was the ols steering box type from the factoryas Benz nly started in 1998 to fit racks to their larger cars. I plan to use a VK Commodore rack and factory exhaust manifolds to keep everything compact and simple. I'm not aftr horsepower, just the V8 torque and warble