1000+hp 1UZ in drag rail!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

T_Terror

Yes thats right the first big power 1UZ seen (as far as i know).

Saw it in ZOOM magazine (for us Australia boys), but the racer was in U.S.

It was using a massive PSI blower running 30+psi. They said they cracked two blocks before giving up and milling a custom one based on the Lexus design but with more durability in mind eg. no water galleries.

is a lexus v8 with a custom made block still a lexus v8 really? i mean, with aftermarket forged internals and intake setup, the only original parts are probably the crank and the heads.

i guess it depends how you look at it.

Technically, NO it isnt a LExus block because Lexus didnt built it.

THen again, its based off a the lexus design with more meat in the right places and various other strengthening measures.
The same could be said with heavily modified blocks that are grouted and all sorts of other crap.

I have to say though, if i had access to design and build a custom block i would make it a lot bigger eg 500+ci unless i was conforming to class rules about displacement.

I have seen this rail and have talked to the guys who built it.
It was all built in house and is an awsome piece of engineering. The block is a work of art! I personally think it is still a 1UZ as it is still the same capacity and it looks unmistakeably like a 1UZ. They have even adapted the blower to the standard intake. Anyway it is great to see Toyota quad cams getting into the drag seen.
Regards to all.
Matt.

Thats great to hear. That would have to be the most extreme UZ i have heard of in Australia (apart from that twin-turbo one used in the Camira drag car- sense of humour???).

The only other extreme UZ in the world that i know of is the HKS Supra. Not bad for the good ol aussies hehe.

Any more info on the car Matt?