Vids of Anthony's twin turbo 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

VWTurbo66

[videos are missing]

Here are two vids of the car running at last. We had major problems with trigger sensors. But it seems that most of these faults are caused by the battery volts being low. The lower battery volts went, the worse the trigger sensoring became.

More vids to come once its back from the dyno tuners on wednesday, maybe some tyre shredding too.

Cheers,

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. I like the look, that is what you call high mount :) Very different approach to most (including mine) but whatever makes it fit i say. Engine internals stock? what boost is he looking to run?

"what do you need new brakes for?"
"Cause it's got 2 turbo's on it.."

hehe.... btw, that sounds bloody awesome....

R-Jay, you've got dam good hearing to have heard Anthony say that, I there standing next to him and I couldn't hear what he said! I guess it was because I'd been sitting in the with it running for about 2 hours tho, so my hearing was probably a little shot.

Some other interesting facts about the car so far. After two hours running the engine temp at 76 degrees, the compressor out pipes from the turbo's were hot, but the return line from the intercooler core was cold to touch. ECU said the air intake temp was 34 degrees. We had no fan on the intercooler either and the ambient air temp was 32. Not bad hey.

Anthony took the car for a test lap around the block this evening. Only the front brakes are connected so he took it slow and didn't rev it above 1800 RPM, at which it achived 3lb boost! No lag or what...!

Its off to the chassis dyno tomorrow. With any luck I'll have a photo of a dyno sheet tomorrow. I'd like to see about 450-500HP for the 6lb tune that its going in for. The remaining 14lb will be pumped into it when the new fuel rail arrives, probably along with the CO2 spray and NOS system. Knowing Anthony it will all happen at the same time.

I'll keep you all posted of events.

Cheers,

Ian.

Well delayed again... due to a leaking cam seal but with that replaced now it all should be happening this weekend I "believe". They dyno tuner is keen to do the job, and i've got the camera gear booked to do the filming.

I'll post updates as they happen.

Cheers,

Ian.