Standalone ECU HELP: starting issue 1UZ vvti with microsquirt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

superspeedy

Hi guys,
I have a 1uz vvti engine with microsquirt ecu and it can not be started up at all. here is the full story below.

I am using batch-fire controls 8 stock injectors, wasted spark(ignA,B and convert WLED to ignC and D, and 150ohms pull-up resistor) to control stock 8 coils, stock 36-2 crank wheel. We did got the engine started up before(but it was running funny and quivering). Then we installed the motor into a car and connected fuel lines to in-tank fuel pump. But we lost the tune file at that time, them we re-configured the MS again, and the motor could not be started up at all. Then we have tested ing and inj, they all work.

We have been puzzled by this issue for over a month. so asking for help on forum.

Regards!

But we lost the tune file at that time, them we re-configured the MS again, and the motor could not be started up at all.

No tune -> no starting up. That's sort of expected result. Check you timing marks and remove any vvti controls during your next attempts. Try not to flood engine with fuel.

No tune -> no starting up. That's sort of expected result. Check you timing marks and remove any vvti controls during your next attempts. Try not to flood engine with fuel.

Hi Goerge,

I have put AFR meter on the car and tried to tune fuel correctly. And we have PWM controller for vvt and set it as 0 advance/retard. Cranking spark advance is 10degree, and required fuel is 6ms.

I am trying to upload the screen shot of Tuner Studio.88e6ea4bjw1eky7hvbh0pj21kw0w0x0b.jpg

maybe this one got better quality
psb

Last edited:
vvt's optimal angle for starting is at max retard. To achieve it, it's enough just to remove any control from the valves, i.e. zero duty all the time.

Another things to check are air in returnless fuel rails and incorrect e-throttle opening

vvt's optimal angle for starting is at max retard. To achieve it, it's enough just to remove any control from the valves, i.e. zero duty all the time.

Another things to check are air in returnless fuel rails and incorrect e-throttle opening

we have tried taking vvt control off and controlling by pwm controller, nothing different.

to the air in fuel rail, umm.... not sure about that....i will take the block bolt out and to see what would happen.

Thank you!