Get ready for 5.7l UZ motor!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i work for toyota and my boss told us, he was told it should put out somewhere around the 400hp mark. another rumour circulating is that the 4.7litre 2uzfe may be showing up in the toyota x-runner before long.

I have a line on a stroked 2uz-fe crank that brings displacement up to 5.65L... Not in theory, but the crank is already produced. Good stuff..

Also, I am going to be receiving cam profiles for the 2uz, both turbocharged applications and N/A applications. The only 2uz cams anywhere AFAIK....

Eric

turboandrew said:
Looks like the new Tundra gets a 5.7l! Luckily these trucks will be built only 100 miles away from me. Not sure what the HP rating is yet. Hopefully this motor is built off the 1/2/3UZ family.

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/shows.asp?manu=&cat=&thisPage=40&galleryId=35#
I wonder if both Nissan & Toyota aren't getting positioned to become the OEM's for the Big Three's engines of the future. I don't know that any of the Detroit automakers have the R&D budgets to be able to develop advanced technologies in order to meet stricter emissions, lower BSFC's, and higher outputs with smaller displacement engines. It may be cheaper to "buy" or license these technologies instead of developing them inhouse. Already GM is licensing Toyota's hybrid technologies.

At Cooper we were faced with a similar situation in the early 80's. It was simply too expensive to design a new gas engine inhouse, so we licensed Mitsubishi's high speed industrial diesel engines and did a technology swap with them to convert them to natural gas.

John

It would be a huge blow to their ego, but you are right, the big three, or at least GM and Ford need to consider doing that. There has to be some consolidation somewhere. Or some more mergers to force the issue. Look at Lamborgini. They are doing far better now that they can borrow form Audi (Audi owns them, right?)

I for one am thrilled that Toyota is serious about keeping and improving the V8 engine.

I cant wait till the Lexus starts getting the 4.6L v8s.. 380 horsepower with lexus-like drive and reliability.. drool

The 5.7 Liter IUZ.. that would be sweet with 400hp.. I don't see why not look at some of the others car manufactures that are going in that direction. For example look at the new Jeep Cherokee 4X4 with the Hemi that produces 400hp. Sounds nice if it all stays in the IUZ family...

I don't know , GM lost 5+ Billion last year , that had to have hurt and here in Aus , Holden [ GM ] have just updated their V8 engine and have gone to a 6 Litre unit but still 2 valve push rod and with a 4 speed auto , Ford now have a 5.4 litre 32 valve quad cam engine with a 6 speed auto , now I don't know what the exact story is but i think that GM Aus have had development funds choked off , fancy coming out with a bigger engine that is still push rod and 2 valve in this day of expensive fuel costs !!
And only with a four speed auto !!
Now I'm not a Holden or a Ford fan but if you where in the market for a V8 you would have to have a good look at the Falcon , no matter how much a Holden fan you where ?
A 5.4 litre 32 valve quad cam engine with a 6 speed touchtronic auto against a 6 litre pushrod 16 valve engine with an old 4 speed auto...no contest really .
The only reason for this is perhaps they have been told not to spend money ?
Considering that the Corvette engine is availiable ?
Go figure .

most of gm's lost money was lost on paying pension of employees who no longer work, etc.

as for the overhead cams, gm went down that road in the late 80's early 90's and they didnt do well sp they scraped it and went back to the in block cams.

one of my teachers from school was actually at the gm test facility when the new z06 vette was coming out because he and his team were testing the factory backed cobalts they race in grand am racing. anyways, he asked the engineers why they werent moving to ohc and why they were sticking with pushrods and in block cams. the reply was that for racing applications ohc with the extra cams, etc, etc, gives the car a higher center of gravity than an in block cam engine has. that coupled with it being easier to put an ohv engine under a lower hoodline makes sleek car design and good aerodynamics easier to obtain. apparently those were the big contributing factors in the in block cam decision.

Don't the cobalts use a OHC engine? I think the only motors that still use cam in block are the 3.8 & 4.3 V6 and the LS2/7 V8s. GM has a lot of OHC motors, from inline 4's to V8's. The excuses they give (to not drop pushrod motors) seem a little fishy. Sounds like they are just covering their ass (once again). Don't get me wrong, the pushrod motors they have are actually very good. However, IMO, the 4 valve OHC equivalent could be better.

I coulda sworn Ford just laid off a bunch of workers...aren't they going bankrupt...or close to it at least.

Supposidly it can tow 10,000 pounds...if they can keep this up (HA HA .1 L more than the Titan...grudge wars?) and keep the new Tundra capable of being used as a strict work truck (the current models are lacking in that respect) then they may be able to compete a bit more with GM and Dodge.

But until they start going diesel in the states they will still be missing a major market area. Wyhen you have to tow around had cows, horses, hey, etc...the current tundra won't cut it...this new one looks very promising...but most of the folks I know that need a serious truck would stick with ford or dodge.

240_wants_a_big_block: I coulda sworn Ford just laid off a bunch of workers...aren't they going bankrupt...or close to it at least.
bearing in mind that fords in worse shape than anyone, but gm is simply going through the motions in an attempt to file chapter 11. theyre about 20 billion dollars from actually being bankrupt, but theyre losing hundreds of millions of dollars every year paying guys that arent working anymore (pension) because of their unions collective bargaining agreement. if they file chapter 11 they wont have to continue paying those employees, and can get back to the business of making cars.

turboandre: Word on the street it that a diesel motor is in the works.
it was supposed to have an optional 430hp v8 hybrid engine. rumour is the extreme tq of the v8/ electric motor combination was causing driveline reliability issues. as oppose to GM'ing it and releasing it and worrrying about the problems later, the rumour is if they cant get it sorted out theyll go with something they know, in this case a diesel.

hnknrob said:
it was supposed to have an optional 430hp v8 hybrid engine. rumour is the extreme tq of the v8/ electric motor combination was causing driveline reliability issues. as oppose to GM'ing it and releasing it and worrrying about the problems later, the rumour is if they cant get it sorted out theyll go with something they know, in this case a diesel.
lol, like deisels dont already make massive torque.

Kiwi.in.aus said:
I don't know , GM lost 5+ Billion last year , that had to have hurt and here in Aus , Holden [ GM ] have just updated their V8 engine and have gone to a 6 Litre unit but still 2 valve push rod and with a 4 speed auto , Ford now have a 5.4 litre 32 valve quad cam engine with a 6 speed auto , now I don't know what the exact story is but i think that GM Aus have had development funds choked off , fancy coming out with a bigger engine that is still push rod and 2 valve in this day of expensive fuel costs !!
And only with a four speed auto !!
Go figure .

funniest thing i've heard in a while was that GM were going to make a DBC (double buried cam), thats a twin cam pushrod engine with rockers designed to collapse oil pressure electronically to they could shut 4 cylinders down rotationally at cruise.

gee - i wonder why they lost $5bil....

what a stupid idea. electronically controlled rockers designed to collapse, and a twin cam IN THE BLOCK so they can keep their stupid "stock block" mentality and save on OHC head development.

morons.

hnknrob said:
...paying guys that arent working anymore (pension) because of their unions collective bargaining agreement. if they file chapter 11 they wont have to continue paying those employees, and can get back to the business of making cars...
Ah...the strategy of business. Maybe it'll create a little bit of room for Toyota to squeeze into...depends on how quickly the other companies get back on their feet.