Get complete custom manifold or have OEM machined? Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

live4soccer7

What do you guys recommend for this? There is the manifold that bullet uses for example. Should I do something like that for a supercharger or is it better to have someone machine down the OEM manifold?

Thanks for any input/suggestions.

The bullet manifold will work better. You will save money, frustration and money in the end unless you can do the machining and welding yourself. I have a full aerospace machine shop and sheet metal shop at my disposal. I would still buy the Bullet manifold. Nothing you could do with the factory manifold would even work as well.

Jake

Thanks for the input! I was going to pull an extra manifold today, but you have just saved me the time and cost now. I appreciate it the input.

Just like jakespeeds said your money ahead buying the bullet cars manifold. I have a full machine shop with several different cnc machines and I still bougtht their manifold for my project.

How about for the remainder of the SC setup? Just go with the bullet or piece it together? What's so special about what they are offering other than the manifold?

It's guaranteed to work as a complete unit.

You may save a few hundred Dollars piecing it together but there's no substitute for knowing it will all work and if there's a problem they will be able to offer a solution.

It would also come with some sort of warranty.

Here is an excellant example of the difference between private Modifiers and Professional Modifiers. The pro's realise that in most cases if there is a product that someone has developed it's generally to buy it as the hard work is already done. I sell Immo boxes for VVti engines at a rate of around 5 to workshops to every one to a private buyer. Time is money.

How about for the remainder of the SC setup? Just go with the bullet or piece it together? What's so special about what they are offering other than the manifold?

I always like to tell people that its not the big parts that will get you. Its the nuts and bolts that will drain your wallet. What ever you think it will cost you for the parts other than then the manifold, double that number. That will be half what it will take. And what you will end up with is something not as nice or as quality as what the entire kit from Bullet will give you.

Jake

Bullet Manifold

I presently have a bullet manifold sitting in my office. It is to replace a locally made up setup with a stock manifold which has been machined. Manifold was around $1500 with the cooler core in it and blank top plate. Duty into NZ was around $250, New thermostat housing for better clearance, Set of injectors $1400, bosch water pump with 19mm fittings to suit core $320ish , Custom heat exchanger $800. Next will be ECU - LINK Xtreme , maybe trans controler TCU2000 $1000 landed, machining of top plate to suit the Charger the customer already has , plumbing of water lines , possible fans , Header tank then assemble it and tune it. Adds up pretty quick. Would have been nice if we could just buy a kit of this one but it's too odd (fun though) .

Working on another which should have a base kit we can start with - Hopefully.

Attachments

• 2014 july clean 009.jpg
    2014 july clean 009.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 41
  • 2014 july clean 010.jpg
    2014 july clean 010.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 32
  • 2014 july clean 011.jpg
    2014 july clean 011.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2014 july clean 014.jpg
    2014 july clean 014.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2014 july clean 016.jpg
    2014 july clean 016.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 26
  • march 2014 warricks truck 037.jpg
    march 2014 warricks truck 037.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for the input guys! Looks like when the time comes then I will likely just bite the bullet and get bullet's manifold and setup.

Will this work with about 5-6 psi on stock LS400 components/system or will I need to upgrade electronics/injectors/etc...?

Justin - I have good contacts. Dealer price. Thermostat housing is from a LS430 3UZ. I was able to compare with engines I have in the workshop. This reminds me I need to sort another setup.

I think you guys have to pay tax too there Justin. Don't bring me into it. Ill deny that I know you or anything about this conversation. The guys there seem pretty good to deal with.

they r only 5 minutes from me kelvin
have done some wiring for them but it just got to hard to collect in the end
so I try not to answer my phone now hehehe

I'm still curious to the answer on this comment:

Will this work with about 5-6 psi on stock LS400 components/system or will I need to upgrade electronics/injectors/etc...? (referring to bullet setup).

Maybe I missed it but what vehicle are you doing this in? If you are going to do this in a 1987 Toyota regular cab pickup than no it won't be an issue. If you are doing it in a 1987 Toyota Dolphin motorhome than yes. There are a number of situations where it would become a problem.

Jake