DELIBERATE limp home mode, as security feature

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

Just thinking out loud.
most people would be pinching a V8 beast for a hoon i would guess?
how much fun would limp home mode be in a sort of kill switch scenario.
i know it would be near impossible to hotwire under the bonnet seeing the starter for one is burried,(push start could get around that)
i plan to have fuel kill, starter kill, and was thinking if they are cleaver they might get around those, in that case how about a limp home mode for their trouble
ECU in this case will be a crown type

any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Dean

Limp home mode usually mean spark plugs fouled within a minute. I blew off an intercooler pipe once when I was still MAF bases, and those things were totaled.

Would this be for like a "Vallet Mode" or anything like that? It's not a bad idea, except for your plugs dieing fast.

Eric

Running in limp mode is no fun but certainly wouldn't stop someone getting away with the car.

Limp mode usually means the timing is retarded so far the exhaust gas temps rise so high the Cat converters will glow red hot.

I've ran my car in limp for a while and you can see the heat marks on the cats. The spark plugs are still going along nicely.

Of interest one of my client's has an SC400 that just caught fire with the fire starting around the drivers side cat. I would suggest it was in limp mode and the owner was unaware of the problem.

On that basis and from my own experience the performance drop off won't protect the car.

or you can activate fuel cut....i played around with that before in my mr2 and when i had the smt7...if you activated teh alarm the smt7 would go to "b" map mode which would set a fuel cut at 1500rpm no damage to engine becuase the revs dont go high enough