engine in limp mode

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cobra1

HI , just finishing a conversion ls400 (91) & using original harness & ecu, engine will not rev over 2800 & seems to be running rich, (? limp mode).no codes can be shown when diagnostics are bridged, light only flashes ,i have heard there is a problem with the ecu' s in this model.. any help appreciated...

Auto or manual?

Check you have hooked up the neutral start switch correctly. Un plug the cold start injector to see if that is the cause of the rich running.

check to see if there is 12volts at the diagnostic box on the motor - easy to miss a power feed there. Does it do it when the vehicle is stationary or driving down the road? some of these will rev cut in the shop but drive down the road fine - good luck - cheers

I was once caught out when one coil failed. It still ran on 4 cylinders, ran rich and didn't rev. I found the problem by testing leads with a timing light. Pretty simple I know but sometimes its the simple sh*t that gets you.
Any how good luck.
Andy

I had a dead coil pack in my 2JZ... ran on 5 cylinders, but limp home mode limited it to 1000rpm!!!! you try driving a car in peak hour traffic, with a 2800rpm stally, when you can only rev to 1000rpm...

lol :p