1UZFE in a Maserati Biturbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Child of the 70s ...matchbox is where it's at! ;)

Tell me this combo doesn't look tough John :)

65-Corvette-2-copy-800x533.jpg

Ughhh......sorry M8, it just doesn't do anything for me at all.... Nor do the 20 & 22 inch rims with rubberband tires.

Although I have to admit that 18" rims are now OK in my book (took me 10+ years to get here), and 19's are starting to grow on me for "some" cars :)

I like red, but I'm just not sure yet. Here was my last build, with a ES300 V6 stuffed in there:
372.jpg

I'm going for something totally different this time, because I also did a red one of these the winter before last.

DSCF2490RZ.jpg

My one concern is, the engine bay on this one is black, and the engine itself is yellow, black and silver. I think red would make it look like a McDonald's car?
Also, after having a set of 18" on the red car and a set of 17's on the black car, I'm done with the ride quality of too low and not enough rubber.
They look cool, but ride like $hit.

Last edited:
I know you're quite pleased with the yellow accents on that engine, but it's going to be tough getting it to play well with another exterior color.

I think I'd consider redoing the yellow in either red (maybe wrinkle finish :)) black, or silver. Then shoot the car in red. Don't put too much color in the engine bay; just accents, like the valve covers, etc. Just the way I'd do it if it were mine.

Of course, being prepped as a racecar, you could always go for a completely black exterior with yellow accents and yellow rims, and it would be spot on with the yellow/black motif of the motor :)

Yes, as it sits right now, the car is almost all bare metal and nothing but a shell. It's getting urethane primer and base clear paint. It's going to be a while, I'm hoping to get it back on it's feet today and finish bodywork over the next few days.

This & the Triumph Stag are such cool swaps, it's just such a pity there's so much sheet metal to be moved out of the way, and other fabrication to be done to make them work.

The Stags are pretty rare, but these Biturbo's aren't, and this would be a great solution for those who want better reliability than the stock Maser powertrain, but something a little more eclectic and exclusive than a run of the mill SBC.

My driveshaft came in today. Tomorrow I'm going to re-assemble the entire car and this weekend start it from the driver's seat. It won't have brakes yet, so I'll leave the driveshaft off the car so I'm not tempted to do something stupid. :)

Shoot, just find yourself a longer straightaway to slow down, or get yourself some Fred Flintstone brake pads :D

We're all keen to see/hear this thing run......

Here in Australia Maser's are rare and Stags common.

Both were good looking cars (still are) and have stood the test of time.

This should be real cool fun car to drive.

We couldn't get it registered here due to the dash and roll cage. Although I couldn't have helped myself and would have to have used the maser clock!

As John said; we're all looking forward to seeing it run.

. I'm going to find out how much beer fits in the trunk, seeing as that is it's main purpose It's a mini beer hauler.

Last edited:
BRAVO!!!!

You could tell from the shot of the empty beer bottles it was an epic weekend of working on the car :)