1UZFE in a Maserati Biturbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I had to move the firewall back because the engine is a front sump 1UZ and in order to clear the steering rack on the Maserati, I had to push the engine back 5 inches. So, with that much cutting and rusty floors, I decided to just rebuild the trans tunnel, the floors & the firewall. It took a few days and with no professional tools, I just made it happen. I've built several budget cars in the past and have done several V6 MR2 swaps, so I get along well in the garage, with what I have- it should be fine...:eek:

The motor mounts are a mix of the stock Maserati rubber mount plates and the 1UZ's factory mounts.

Very cool! The front sumped 1UZ's always seem to be a PITA to fit; would it have helped your case if you'd had a rear sump?

I read your thread over on Retro Rides. Your enthusiasm for this swap is really inspirational!

Looking forward to seeing it rolling on its own.

Pity the whole powertrain is a bit too big for these cars - I thought they were larger than this. Seems it would be a really nice swap for a street car except for that firewall and tranny tunnel cutout.

Maybe a supercharged Toyota V6 would work better?

Occasionally saw the pic with the grille and Maserati logo and first thing came to mind was "omg it's a crown majesta" =)

Everything about these things is a nightmare. Bad electrical systems, unreliable engines, etc.

I feel your pain; I have a Ferrari......

My buddies talk about the 1UZ and I stopped talking and started wrenching.
I love the internet & car forums. They're amazing! Thanks guys!

It's a huge help when there's a large fan base around the world for these engines. This has been a great forum for the 1UZ.

Great progress - really starting to look good!

Shoot with an interior and dash, this could be such a street sleeper.....

Are you going to paint the car yellow to match the engine :)?

Not that I like lowriders, but the car now looks very SUV to me. Also, I think the hood scoop doesn't improve anything at best

Red is THE colour for these....charcoal wheels though I reckon?

I vote for keepin' 'em silver; no Mattel "Hot Wheels" look for me :)

But then, I'm a child of the 50's and think wheels can be any color you want, as long as they're silver :D

I'm always amazed at what people can do in PhotoShop!