Search results

1. 3

to boost a 3uzfe vvti or not ?

all righty broad question for sure - some background I know the early motors are stronger - I had one in a previous project with a bullet supercharger kit on it I am leaning towards a 3uzfe vvti for the heads / intake manifold and small increase in capacity it will be mated to a manual...
  2. 3

Parts richwood supercharger kit for 1uzfe

I am parting out the expensive bits on my mazda mx5 powered by a 1uzfe boosted by the supercharger I have an auto rotor opcon 3150 supercharger - just rebuilt when I bought it from richwood, this comes with the bypass valve / throttle body / tps / lower manifold / upper plate and the idler...
  3. 3

Dyno result at .1bar (belt slip! !! !)

Well I knew the belt was slipping but I ran it on the dyno anyway results are 295wnm / 141 wkw and its an absolute blast to drive at .1bar - I cant wait for .7bar or more ! ! !! ! unopened jap motor of unknown everything auto rotor 3150 supercharger - no intercooling when the belt...
  4. 3

Standalone ECU attn all megasquirt users - what crank pickup did you use ?

Hi All I am getting tach spikes and drop out on my megasquirt install and am lookign to find out what crank sensor you used and how was it wired ? I replaced the 12 tooth wheel with a 36 -1 wheel and the oem sensor now either my sensor is bad or I got it wired wrong or the wiring is the...
  5. 3

When an alternator dies what actually has failed ?

Hi all When a round plug (early models) alternator fails - what has actually "died" ? is it a simple and obvious thing like a burnt diode ? circuit board melted ? brushes stuck or worn out ? My alternator no longer charges and they are fairly scarce on the ground this end of the world - any...
  6. 3

Just got my professeionally made headers back woo hooo

It took a few weeks but the result is well worth it ! esp after my own attempt at making headers ! making headers is an art ! I used the "laser cut flange pdf file" thats floats around, providedthe flanges to the exhaust builder - my diy attempt used the oem flanges I pulled the engine and...
  7. 3

Pics of aftermarket crank trigger wheel setups please

Hi All I am using MS1 extra and was trying to use the std wheels and the cam sensors to get it to fire but its not working and hence I need a 36-1 setup and would like to see some pics of installs / working or not and any thoughts on what to do "better"
  8. 3

Wasted spark cylinder pairing

Hi all another ecu question - please can someone please post up which cylinders to pair in wasted spark ? config using 4 ecu outputs driving 8 coils in wasted spark mode ? thanks H
  9. 3

batch firing injectors in 2 groups of 4

Hi Help ! I am wiring up injectors and need to know which two groups of four injectors to fire I am using megasquirt and it has 2 injector outputs so I can run 4 and 4 but which 4 ? the left bank all together ? the right bank all together ? the centre 4 ( 3,5,4,6) all together and the...
  10. 3

Which aftermarket coils / ign to get ?

Hi I am removing the stock twin dissy setup as I need to buy one coil and two rotors / caps and all leads - my feeling is why not upgrade it will probably be cheaper and have more power potential ! my ecu can handle 4 coils - so wasted spark it is for me what coils can I / should I get ...
  11. 3

How to take the 5mt W58 to pieces

Hi - I am looking at how to strip the 5mt w58 - anyone have a manual ? or suggestions ? I need to remove the "lever" to extend it that is in the gearbox at the rear and at the top that connects to the shifter ! I dont wanna strip the whole box and have to deal with springs and levers...
  12. 3

where does the small water pipe on the thermostat housing go to ?

On the thermostat housing there is a small rubber pipe - I disconnected mine and cant remember where it went ! its the pipe with the arrow towards it in the attachment - searching only shows me pics of this connected and nothing to show where it goes ? my gut feel tells me it goes to the back of...
  13. 3

How to hook up Toyota 1uzfe V8 alternator to a Mazda Miata Harness ?

Help !!! I now need to mate my Toyota 1uzfe V8 alternator to the Miata harness, how do I do this and what wires to splice to what ? The Miata has 3 wires - Big White which is Batt + then white with black and white with green The Toyota alternator has 4 wires - Big Black which is Batt + then...
  14. 3

Wanted wtb - log style exhaust manifold

Hi I am looking for a pair of log style exhaust manifolds no heat shield no 02 sensors and I dont mind if the "downpipe flange has been cut off Please let me know price / availability etc [email protected] or PM me on this site or reply here Thanks
  15. 3

Banjo bolts on the side of the block - what are they for ?

Hi help ! I got a 1uzfe from my jap engine man and it has these banjo bolts (presumably for water) on either side of the block just above the sump line - what are they for ? and must they be connected ? looped ? can I just block them off ?