Wasted spark cylinder pairing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
1 & 6 / 8 & 5 / 4 & 7 / 3 & 2

an easy way to look at it if you forget in the future is to write the firing order down but put first 4 on top then the second 4 on bottom then look at the vertical colums and there ar you groups. See example below.

1 l 8 l 4 l 3
6 l 5 l 7 l 2

As you can see, the 1st. colum contains 1 & 6 and it the first group, 2nd is 8 & 5 and is the 2nd group, and so on.......

Hope this helps, any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks that is incredibly simple when you explain it like that ! thanks !

I am using 4 2 post coils (from the autronic / vipec guys) and 2 seperate 2 channel ignitors - my ecu has 4 ignition outputs,

now my coils have switched positive and negative from ignitor, the ignitor also has ground / switched positive (different circuit) and ecu trigger signal and I will mount 1 ignitor and 2 coils at the rear of each bank and run leads to the plugs - I am confused whether I need suppressors or not ? some diagrams suggest they are needed other diagrams say no, not needed at all, is it overkill fit suppressors ? and are they actualyl needed ?

Glad to be able to help.... Oh, and you can use that same method to figure out waste spark firing groups on any motor regardless of the number of cylinders. Just remember, split the firing order in half and the first half of the firing order goes on top and the second half goes on bottom and the vertical colums are the paired groups.....

As for the suppressors, typically no, they are not needed but if its a street car, I would use them as electrical noise can reek havic on sensitive electronics..... Me personally, I always use them unless its a carberated race engine, but thats just me.....