Search results

1. A

Swapping 1UZ VVTi for 3UZ

Hi, So i've been running a 1UZ VVTi in my offroader for the last few years, but i've killed the motor (sump got dented up which blocked oil pickup) I'm wondering if i can replace it with a 3uz but retain the wiring harness/ECU etc from the 1UZ (i've only recently bought a new ECU for it from...
  2. A

1uz vvti - bypassing heater

Hi all, have fitted a vvti 1uz into my comp 4x4 which has no heater so i need to bypass the hoses for it, am i better blocking them both off or connecting them together? have got them connected together at the minute but seem to be struggling to bleed cooling system. (running davies craig elec...
  3. A

VVTI help to get running stand alone

Hi, i am in the process of sorting the wiring in my VVTi car getting ready to remove the engine (want to get wiring sorted before i remove so i know it should run when its back in its new home) Now i have got the loom nearly sorted, but at the minute it starts then gradually dies after a few...
  4. A

Adapting a ZF 4hp-24 to the 1uz

Hi Guys, Am after some advice/info, I have a 99 VVTi 1uz complete with the A650e 5 speed tranny, and was originlly getting an adapter made to go from the gearbox to a Land rover LT230 transfer box, however it seems i have been let down on the adapter which has brought me back to square one...
  5. A

Parts LJ78 transfer box UK 4wd 1uz

for sale i have (in the UK, North Devon) a Toyota LJ78 landcruiser transfer box, this bolts up to the back of a stock ls400 / soarer gearbox to get 4wd, This box will mean you end up with both prop flanges offset rather than the rear being central and higher up (as with hilux / hilux surf)...
  6. A

A650e adapter info needed!

Hi all , me again! Right so i've got myself a 99 ls400 and its going in my Land rover defender winch challenge truck whether it likes it or not! Now my plan is (for various reasons) to get an adapter made up so that a landrover LT230 transfer box will bolt up to the a650e. I have found a...
  7. A

A650E gearbox control

Hi all, quick question... just stripping out a VVTI LS400 which i want to use the engine and auto gearbox from... the vehicle has obviously the engine control ECU but also an ABS/TRC/VSC control ECU, Is the gearbox controlled by the engine ecu or does the ABS/TRC/VSC Ecu have authority over it...
  8. A

A342le

Hi, i bought an engine and box from a 1993 LS400 for my offroader project, and am considering options for gearbox control. My question is though... i keep seeing that the A340 doesn't have the pwm valve but the a341e's do, however when looking at my box it seems to be an A342LE? i've found...
  9. A

Ls400 gearbox control

Hi, i am planning to megasquirt my 1uz but wan't to keep the auto and the stock control ideally, just wondering what inputs the lexus ecu will need to keep shifting gears? i.e can i remove all the injector and ignition wiring from the ecu and leave say the crank and cam inputs, temp inputs and...
  10. A

Megajolt ?

Hi all, am fitting a 1uz (early model) into my offroader and want wading capabilities and have heard and seen lots of good things about megasquirt/megajolt. i plan to keep my engine stock as its only in a little Suzuki Jimny so don't really need any more power etc, all i'm really interested in...
  11. A

5 speed 4wd?

Hi all, my project is currently mocked up with a non vvti motor connected to a kzj78 landcruiser transfer box (i think) to get 4wd, i now think i want to change to using a vvti motor for various reasons but just found a potential problem...the gearbox is the 5 speed so is there an easy way to...
  12. A

vvti and non vvti questions

Hi, couple quick q's, i'm building my truck (a suzuki Jimny) around a non vvti motor but have decided i potentially want to swap to vvti, and theres one going cheap if i make my mind up in the next 12 hours! are the vvti engine mounts the same? is it actually possible to get vvti motor...
  13. A

A few V8 questions

Hi all, got a few questions about the 1uz. Firstly, is the VVTI motor much harder to wire up? 2: i'm sure i read somewhere the vvti's are coil-on-plug ignition? is this the case? as was originally going to run an older 1uz with MS untill i heard the later ones were COP which should be...
  14. A

Wanted Wanted: Soarer v8 sump or possibly complete engine, UK

as title. am after just a sump ideally but would consider a whole motor? Have an LS400 sump if anyone has a soarer motor but could get away with fitting a ls400 sump and wants some money on top?? Cheers
  15. A

loom questions

Hi, so ive arranged a motor and auto box to go and collect on thursday. ive got to remove it myself which is what i wanted as i want to know how it goes. my question is, is there an engine sub-loom? and if so is this all i need or is it worth my while pulling out the complete loom from behind...
  16. A

Transfer box issues

Hi all, newb on here. i am building a suzuki jimny trayback truck for winch challenge events over here in the UK and am planning to install a 1uzfe motor to it. i am running landcruiser axles which both have offset diffs. from all my reading up i have worked out i can fit a surf transfer box to...