A650e adapter info needed!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aniesigh

Hi all , me again!
Right so i've got myself a 99 ls400 and its going in my Land rover defender winch challenge truck whether it likes it or not!
Now my plan is (for various reasons) to get an adapter made up so that a landrover LT230 transfer box will bolt up to the a650e.

I have found a company that have made an adapter kit to go from the a341 to LT230 but obviously there are extra issues to deal with when using the a650e.
The first of these is that in the tail housing there is a big one way bearing which locks into the tail housing (see pics) What is the one way bearing there for? is it neccesary?
Next issue is the oil feeds that normally feed the tail housing bearing, what do people do with these? a34* has them so im guessing the same theory will apply?

Last question (for now), when adapters like these are made (see pics for similar example) ...do/should the shaft be supported by a bearing in the adapter or is it adequate to be supported at either end (transfer box input and garbox output)

hope all that makes sense and someone can help :)
Cheers
Adam

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reply A650e adapter info needed!

Hallo Aniesigh. I have no bearing on the back of the adapter plate. The shaft fits over the splines of the gearbox output shaft and runs into the transfer case. I have two oil seals on the adapter to keep the gearbox and transfer case oils apart. This setup is running for +- 50 000KM and still no issues on the modification. The only downfall I have when going down a obstacle is the lack of engine braking. The gearbox disengages in 2nd and 1st. The other issue is a long 1st gear. I get 75KM/h in first gear. Still it is amazing off road and towing. I would like to know if the 4 speed adapter would fit on the 5 speed box. (Splines and bolt pattern)
Good luck
Paul

Cool thanks, hopefully someone can shed some light on the one way bearing situation :)
Unfortunately the a340 rear end is a slightly different shape and also the gearbox output shaft is larger in diameter. Oh and the speed sensor has a lot more teeth.
Once it's in and running I will maybe look into the TC lockup as would be nice to lock it on descents but for now I just need to get them mated.
Cheers