Search results

1. 5020Chris

P/S pump any good for a winch ?

Hi, am having a winch bumper made for my truck at the mo, and was thinking of getting a hydraulic winch to suit and am just wondering if the lexus p/s pump is up to driving a hydraulic winch or would I be better getting a separate pump ? Cheers, Chris.
  2. 5020Chris

How fast should a 1UZ Hilux be ?

Hi, after finally getting my truck on the road today (all legal) I took it for a spin up the road and am not over impressed with its performance. I have a new bosch fuel pump, clean tank filter, dizzy caps/leads/plugs/rotor arms etc etc and the engine has a good service history (LS400). My truck...
  3. 5020Chris

Hilux dash swap issues.

Hi, thanks to many people and a lot of info on this site my Hilux 1uzfe is almost complete other than a problem with the rev counter / speedo. Because I have fitted in a R151f box from a surf I can no longer use my original speedo cluster because of the electric drive from the gearbox to the...
  4. 5020Chris

Hilux surf 4wd shifter solenoid wiring ?

Hi, just about finished my hilux 1uzfe transplant and am stuck on the wiring up of the 4wd controller on the back of my r151 gearbox. Could anyone point me in the right direction ? Have set up a relay for the solenoid in the glove box, just unsure of the wires. Gearbox is ex 1994 2.4td hilux...
  5. 5020Chris

4WD shifter solenoid R151

Hi, just coming to the end of wiring in the 1uz to the hilux. Am stuck on which wires are what on the 4wd selector solenoid on the back of the gearbox. Can anyone give me any pointers ? Cheers, Gearbox is r151 from hilux surf 3.0td 5 speed Chris.
  6. 5020Chris

Can anyone identify this ?

Hi, just wondering if anyone could ID this part of the wiring loom for me ? Is it some kind of fuse /junction ? Thanks in advance, Chris. Loom is 1994 ls400 UK spec, now in Hilux.:yup:
  7. 5020Chris

Hilux 4x4 1uz swap pics !

Hello everyone, just thought I'd post a few pics of the work so far, slowly getting there ! 1995 4x4 Hilux 140000 miles solid front end now has 1994 1uzfe 170000 miles and 5 speed manual r150 box. Homebrew engine/gearbox mounts ls400 manifolds (it's tight) no cats and lsd from hilux surf on...
  8. 5020Chris

Estimate of RWHP after swap

Hi, just wondering if anyone would like to hazard a guess at what the RWHP will be on my pickup after the 1uz (standard) has been fitted and re-dynoed ? 1994 1uzfe 171k miles, V good order, R151F trans 8" diff 4.556 ratio and 31-10.50-15 BFGoodrich all terrains. 2.4 N/A diesel was 65HP, 57MPH...
  9. 5020Chris

Code help ?

Hi, have taken a code from the engine check light but am unsure of how to actually "read it". Can any one help ? The light flashed as follows; - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . - . . . . . . . . . . . - Then starts all over again the - are long flashes and the . are fast flashes, hope...
  10. 5020Chris

Fuel pressure question.

Hi, having problems getting my 1uz to start/idle/rev up. Am wondering do these engines have a fuel return line restrictor or do you think the pressure regulator has gone ? If I bend over the return line it seems to start better but not as well as it did in the car. Engine was removed from a UK...
  11. 5020Chris

Cambelt tensioner info please ?

Hi, have stripped the front off the 1uz this morning to do the rotor arms,caps,water pump,idlers, tensioners and cam belt etc and was wondering how the cam belt tensioner works ? Is it a heavy spring of sorts in that tube that is held on with the two studs ? And it has a small hole in the pin...
  12. 5020Chris

Ideal exhaust for Hilux

Hi all, was hoping for any advice on the ideal size of pipe for the exhaust on my v8 Hilux. Will be using the standard ls400 headers (for now) no cats and single tail pipe out the side. Any tips/advice/etc from any one who's done this before or has a similar swap ? Cheers.
  13. 5020Chris

R151F How to I.D. ?

Hello all, after much reading about dropping the 1uz into my Hilux and after reading many posts about which trans to use I have come to the conclusion that I need a R150F/R151F to handle the power and torque. My Hilux has a G58 currently but I have found a 1993 Hilux surf 2.4TD with 5 speed...
  14. 5020Chris

Trans. I.D. please

Hi, can anyone id the trans I have in my hilux ? The truck is a 1995 single cab 2.4D 4x4 with 5 speed and solid front axle. Chassis tag says model LN105RTRMRSW 1960L11G252G58. Is the trans I've got going to stand the berries from the 1uZ ? Cheers , Chris.
  15. 5020Chris

Another Lexus/Hilux engine swap.

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone on here as this is my first post ! I have a 1995 Hilux 2.4 diesel 4x4 and am hoping to swap in the engine from a 1992 LS400. I have bought the whole car as a donor vehicle so I should have no problem sourcing the loom/ecu/ignitors etc. My...