R151F How to I.D. ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

5020Chris

Hello all, after much reading about dropping the 1uz into my Hilux and after reading many posts about which trans to use I have come to the conclusion that I need a R150F/R151F to handle the power and torque.

My Hilux has a G58 currently but I have found a 1993 Hilux surf 2.4TD with 5 speed manual that is being broken for spares and my question is how to I.D. the R150F/R151F as the sticker/plate on the bulk head is missing.
Have I got my facts right ;

The R150F/R151F is the only 5 speed with a rubber bung on the under side at the front of the housing just behind the sump of about 3.5 inches across ?
The difference between the two is only the ratio of the first gear ?
This is the ideal trans to put behind the 1uz ?
Any more info etc would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help, still much to learn as ever,
Chris.

yes, circular hole on bottom of bell. R151 is only one with the hole.
Good info on pirate4x4.com toyota forum and on Marlincrawler.com for pictures/ID /info of differences between trannies. 151 has the lower first gear and is a bit more heave duty/ bigger bearings.

I find as a rule with toyotas the bigger boxes have the drain on the side at the bottom whereas the smaller boxes are directly to the bottom. Surfs / hilux seem to follow this rule. I have done 4x4 swaps with both boxes and have had no problem with the smaller boxes yet. If I was building a serious mud toy I would use the bigger box - For piece of mind - Cheers