Proposed 1UZ-FE to R151F drivetrain

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey all, I need some expertise in confirming that my planned drivetrain will work.

I'm planning on mating a 1UZ > A340F bellhousing > Adapter plate > R151F

and using a flywheel from a 3SGTE with the bolt patterns machined out 10 mm, a hydraulic throwout bearing from an AX-15 trans, and just the stock R151F clutch.

Will this all work? I'm a little unclear on the clutch/throwout bearing area...

Thanks.

I cant say forsure about using the AX15 hydro assembly, but the rest of your proposed setup will work fine...

I do know that the Howe Racing Hydro assmbly will work but I would seguest that you change out the bearing... The reason for this is the bearing that is one the Howe unit is a flat faced bearing designed for bent finger type pressure plates. Toyota pressure plates have flat fingers and thus requier a rounded face bearing for smooth operation.. Using the flat face bearing thats on it will work, but it will accelerate ware.

A few measurments would tell you if the AX15 assembly will work though..

I cant say forsure about using the AX15 hydro assembly, but the rest of your proposed setup will work fine...

I do know that the Howe Racing Hydro assmbly will work but I would seguest that you change out the bearing... The reason for this is the bearing that is one the Howe unit is a flat faced bearing designed for bent finger type pressure plates. Toyota pressure plates have flat fingers and thus requier a rounded face bearing for smooth operation.. Using the flat face bearing thats on it will work, but it will accelerate ware.

A few measurments would tell you if the AX15 assembly will work though..

Do you know the input shaft diameter on the R151F and/or how long the throw needs to be? That would help a lot in figuring out if it'll work...I just heard it would. :fingersx:

Here's the one I think:

http://www.omix-ada.com/productInfo.asp?itemNo=5252137

It looks flat too though...

It has to be one of these though...Most likely one of the I6 versions.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/index.php/cPath/2880_327_330

http://www.tellico4x4.com/index.php/cPath/2880_327_330

I can get the measurements on the throwout bearings.

are you talking about the bearing retainer snout diameter?

AFAIA, the AX15 bearing retainer will bolt on inplace of the R15x retainer this ould allow you to use the bearing from that aspect.

The throw length needed depends on the how far back the diaphram finger are once everthing is mounted. The flywheel and clutch that you use are going to dictate this so there is no way of knowing without having the stuff that you are going to use and measuring it once its installed.

When using the Howe racing unit, you shim it to suit your needs where as the AX15 assembly is probably designed to fit the particular setup without shimming and you might not be able to shim it.

I used the auto bell housing with adaptor plate, V6 4runner flywheel (same as V6 camry) and standard LN130 Hilux clutch. After spitting out the first clutch due to the release bearing "cocking over", I extended the gearbox nose by 18mm. There ended the problem untill the release bearing died. So out came the box again, fortunately during this time I did a V6 4runner clutch replacement at work so took some measurements and compared a few parts. Distance from "gearbox face" to top of pivot ball is now 76mm. I now use a V6 4runner release bearing, standard diesel Hilux(surf) clutch fork and slave cyl with the standard push rod. End result is normal pedal feel and trouble free operation