Fuel pressure question.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

5020Chris

Hi, having problems getting my 1uz to start/idle/rev up. Am wondering do these engines have a fuel return line restrictor or do you think the pressure regulator has gone ? If I bend over the return line it seems to start better but not as well as it did in the car. Engine was removed from a UK spec LS400 1994 year and was in 100% running order before removal. Have taken engine out myself so nothing damaged or cut or missing or broken. The engine is mated up to a 5 speed R151f gearbox and is about ready to drop in my Hilux. I have wired up the engine myself following the diagrams here and with much help from others.
Still learning, regards,
Chris.

Lex, forgot to mention have taken off all egr and fitted blanking plates, no resistor fitted as egr valve does not have electrical connector. Have also tried plumbing fpr vacuum line direct to manifold and not going through the fitting that has the plug on it (not sure what its called). Have live to MAF and ISC. Have to wait a few days to get pressure gauge so will reporrt back on fuel pressure. BTW do all of these engines have cold start injector cause I can't find a fuel feed line to one anywhere ? Thanks in advance, Chris.

Attachments

• 1UZFE measuerment front.jpg
    1UZFE measuerment front.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 1UZFE measuerment side.jpg
    1UZFE measuerment side.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 207
Just to let know, fuel pressure was 48 psi and engine is starting/running as it should. Was down to an earth wire from the gearbox loom not being connected back up when I removed the auto box and associated wiring.
Thanks for the help