Fuel Pressure Regulator question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stilltippin

I am still the process of my build however I seem to have some cash and would like to purchase an Aeromotive adjustable FPR, which can be referred to as an afpr. The real question is which one. The reason why I ask is because I am going to be eventually running a Megasquirt and bigger injectors, so it's obvious that I need an adjustable FPR, or AFPR. However, it is unclear to me what is the advantage of having a 1:1 vs let's say a 1:1.7 boost reference. I know that it will up my fuel by the ratio state according to boost. Wouldn't a rising rate just give an added advantage to input more fuel without having to really tweak the fuel strategy? I guess I don't see why people say it's a crappy way around a tune as it would just require a different tune. Like I said, I will Eventually be running a Megasquirt, injectors, and an AFPR, it's just unclear as to if I need/want a rising rate AFPR rather than just an adjustable one.

Do you have boost now with std ecu if so then a rising rate fpr might help.

If you are going to run aftermarket ecu then don't waste your money. The std fuel pressure regulator works just fine.

As soon as you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator you will start to chase your tune. I have seen someone spend $1,000 for a day on the dyno then drive home and adjust the fuel pressure and wonder why it drove like crap after that.

Hey, thanks for the input. As far as the tune, there's a performance shop that's a few miles away that's pretty good. The tuner charges a pretty reasonable rate, as well as I plan on eventually taking over and setting up my own tune. I don't plan on just screwing with the AFPR, I just would like to have some ability to adjust my pressure if needed. It sounds as if I will just run the stock FPR for now until I am not satesfied and need the ability to change my fuel pressure. Thanks again for your input.