1UZ Fuel Pressure Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mav591

A very big Hi to all on this forum. :)
I do have a question for all you knowledgable people out there !

I do need some help here please!!!

I am currently putting a 1uzfe into my Mercedes 190e 2.5-16 bodyshell.
What i would like to know is can i use the existing fuel pressure reg that is in the fuel rail with the Mercedes fuel pumps? (will it be set up ok?)or do i need an after market regulator?

The connection of the fuel lines was simple enough as i just connected the feed & return lines as per the Mercedes to V8.

I am running an after market ECU (Spitronics).

I promise to post some pics soon when i get myself sorted.

Thank you in advance for any help!:)

Whats the fuel pressure from the mercedes pump ? As long as its not lower than the stock Lexus fuel pump you should be fine and you won't need an aftermarket fpr unless you are looking to up the power of the Lexus engine in which case I'd ask the tuner what he thinks.

If you're not looking to up the power why use an aftermarket ECU at all?

The standard ecu will quite happily cope with the conversion even if you drop the auto and go manual.

If the Merc pump is a lower pressure I'd just replace it with a Lexus in tank pump.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks for your information Guys.
To answer your question Tonyd, as i didn't have the original loom or ECU with the engine, i thought if i get an aftermarket management system at least i have the option of upping the power if i need too.

I will research the merc pump but its probably up to the job (pressure wise). I was just trying to verify that the regulator in the fuel rail will be satisfactory just as it is.

I did see & drive the car that the engine came out of & it drove faultless.

Thanks again & gladly welcome anyone's input. :)

Ah, no loom or ECU. I can see why you need an aftermarket one.:)

Will you be using the standard lexus knock sensors with your ecu? i believe the standard ecu tune is very conservative so you may well free up some more power with a more aggressive tune. If you could use the standard knock sensors you could be make sure youir tune is both aggressive and safe.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tonyd.
No, Not using the knock sensors or the lambda sensors (although the software allows activation or de activation) of all sorts of things.

The system is a tried tested one that should be ok, but if I am not satisfied I will replace it with something else!!

The car is only a track day toy, although it has sort of taken over my life for the last two years (and haven't even driven it yet!)

I did start off with a Rover 3.5 V8 but it came off the engine lift & hit the concrete from a great height & smashed the gearbox & engine casing :( .
But I have ended up with a far more superior unit as I am sure you will agree!!!