1986.5 supra with v8 soon?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MNDRIVER

I am thinking about doing a this any huge thing i will need to know i have read some of the posts but i though hey its kinda a wierd year my car is so will anything be diffrent.

what is the diffrence between a 1UZFE and a 2UZFE

great to see you found the site.. i think i have seen a v8 in your year supra.. but i dont think its in the states.. you will find some valuable info around here..and everybody is usually very helpfull..
good luck with the project..

1UZFE was in 90s LS400, 90s SC400 and GS400. Foreign: Crown and Majestic
2UZFE: Tundra, Sequoia, LX470 and the new V8 4 Runner.
3UZFE: All the Lexus 430 (LS, SC and GS)

1UZFE: 6 bolt main, all alumimum block and DOHC head 4.0 liters
2UZFE: 4 bolt main, iron block, DOHC, 4.7 Liter.

Look for a crashed SC400. U need a rear oil pickup and pan. SC400 has rear oil pan.

whats the big diffrence between the 2UZFE and the 1UZFE? i mean will both work whats the diffrence on HP? etc.... same with the 3UZFE... i guess i dont know much about any of these engines so if someone could elaborate that would be great thanx. peace

well the first thing is the 1uz is a 4.0 liter, the 2uz is a 4.7 liter, 3uz is a 4.3 liter..
the 1 uz is all aluminum, the 2uz has a steel block, the 3uz-i think -is aluminum
theres alot of other subtle differences.. do some searching, you should find plenty of info..

i'm looking into doing the same swap into my 86.5, but the 1 thing i have not found is if you can use a stock 1uz ecu with the mk3 body.

do you need to splice harnesses?
will ecu even work?
also im getting a getrag 6spd 4 dirt cheap so i want to use that tranny, is there a way to adapt the two that wont cost me my ass viginity?
and lastly will i need a custom driveshaft if using the 6spd?

dont mean to thread hijack just needed some info.

There are a few people doing adapters for the V-16X tranny's. Probably not the best idea unless you are going to adapt the 6spd rear end in to your MKIII. The ratio's are vastly different between the MKIII rears and the MKIV 6spd rear. There is really no advantage (and actually a PITA to drive) to swaping in the 6spd without the rear.

If your gun-ho about having a 6psd, you'd be better off with swapping a Tremic T-56 instead of the Getrag V-16X

i'm looking into doing the same swap into my 86.5, but the 1 thing i have not found is if you can use a stock 1uz ecu with the mk3 body.

do you need to splice harnesses?
will ecu even work?
also im getting a getrag 6spd 4 dirt cheap so i want to use that tranny, is there a way to adapt the two that wont cost me my ass viginity?
and lastly will i need a custom driveshaft if using the 6spd?

dont mean to thread hijack just needed some info.

I'm pretty sure the stock 1UZFE ECU can be spliced into the Supra harness if you're going to keep the Automatic Transmission that the V8 came with. You'll need to be familiar with Toyota wiring diagrams and have access to them as well. If you want a 5 or 6 speed you're going to have to get a stand alone ECU, those are expensive.

Since you're getting a V160 and the rear end from a MKIV Supra you're looking at getting a stand alone ECU. And you're also going to need some good fabrication skills to mount the diff and transmission properly. Most likely going to be needing a custom drive shaft unless you get really lucky.

-David

As far as wireing I would recommend doing what i did and give Phoenix Tuning A call. They can do a complete harness conversion for you. You just send them your V8 harness and supra harness and it will be plug and play when you get it back. I had held off from telling people about them until i got my harness back just in case they did a crappy job. How ever the harness came back perfect and all re rapped for me. Totally worth the money to save all the PITA of harness splicing.

If you want a 5 or 6 speed you're going to have to get a stand alone ECU, those are expensive.

-David

Thought I read on here one could use the Crown ECU module which doesn't need the automatic transmission since the ECT module was separate on earlier models. The only reason to go to a stand alone ECU would be if you wanted to tune it for more power and/or adding forced induction.

This will most likely be the route I take to get my 1UZ/R154 up and running initially, unless I can find a stand alone ECU for the same price as the Crown ECU :) then once it is all sorted in a year or two I'll go stand alone and add forced induction. I just want to make sure I get the swap completed and running before I attempt anything more ambitious.