Who makes ITB's for UZ Series engine?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
308bhp with a 18% loss would be around 252whp. if 18% loss.
Stock Soarer auto gives no more than 180 rwhp. Quoted flywheel 260 bhp. So 30% transmission loss.

Stock Soarer with just the addition of a Link computer is going to give over 300 flywheel HP ?

Like I said before "don't think so" :)

Stock Soarer auto gives no more than 180 rwhp. Quoted flywheel 260 bhp. So 30% transmission loss.

Stock Soarer with just the addition of a Link computer is going to give over 300 flywheel HP ?

Like I said before "don't think so" :)

whoa...30% loss...that sucks. my rwd corolla is like 14-18% loss.

andrew, i just sent you a PM.

Hey barry,

I just brought $2000 worth of stuff of them today including their cast bellhousing and Tilton clutch and flywheel... if you like I could help you setup the deal and communicate with them if you want someone local to do that... I am sure you wouldnt have a problem if you contacted them direct, but I dont mind help anyway I can shipping or otherwise...

i've tuned so many itb cars i cannot count. my own personal car has been itb for about 5-6 years now. with different engine configurations and on its second computer now.

some say tuning itb's is difficult, but in actuality tuning is tuning. any good tuner can tune anything no questions asked.

And here is the beginning of an intake to 'em, the problem is I do not know SolidWorks good enough
to draw what I want to draw.

The intake on the 1UZFE is a bi%%h, there is four/three angles;

- Intake flange
- Intake port
- Bolts to fasten intake
- Injectors

The injectors can have the same angle as the Bolts, but that's it.

Plane3 is "optional", this will decide if the ITB's on both banks will be parallel or at an angle to
one another.

Anybody here that can have a go or know somebody that can design this ?

What is needed is the "port" from Plane3 to the face against the intake flange. It will go from
round to the 1UZFE intake shape. A bonus will be an intake that can be used to make all sorts
of intakes for the 1UZFE, think base plate for a common plenum.

PM me.
I can send you SW2006/2007 solid models with the correct angles and port match up.
The base flange still requires an oval to round runner to be fabricated

Erol

what I don't get is that, a company like richwood who has nice cast manifold for charger apllication, hasn't yet made the patterns to cast something like this, the market is there obviously.

If you know a good old fashioned blacksmith or someone with a little backyard casting knowledge it won't be all that difficult to pour something up.... model it by hand in soap or candle wax or even polystyrene foam, inprint it in a sand mould and pour away, the only difficulty is having acces to a furnace and casting tools. a bunch of old pistons or a part of a cylinderhead would make nice material. any engine shop can grind the surafces flat and boring the injector holes aint that hard with a decent drillpress and a flat face mill bit.
if you make the ITB flange fit a weber dcoe, the possibilitys are endless and opens up a whole new market who now don' t fit this engine because of this exact reason

or am I to locostminded :theyareontome:

Grtz Thomas

Link? refrance? sorce?

I am terribly sorry for being offline for all that time.
here you go:
http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1459
no pictures, no other info, no feedbacks :(

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Someone send me solidworks models and I can give it a go. I also have a lot of machine shops that can tackle this cost effectively, including me. I have access to a 3 axis VMC that can make a good profile with a ball end.
Just let me know how I can help, if there is a market, I would love to make it happen.
Fig