What makes the pre 98 1UZFE inferior to its younger brothers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Now I may be wrong on this, but I think I'm right. (So someone correct me if I am.)
That F1 engine isn't using accoustic charging anyway. It's using ITB's with a pluemn over them, which work via a seperate principal & math & sorts.

I don't quite see what you're showing me with that that 3s-gte manifold. To me, it looks inline with what I said. Compair that pleumn volume with a stock one, with the rules of thumb I outlined. That looks like many quality, high end aftermarket i4 manifolds. Shortest runner possible, large pleumn for boost. The really good ones taper to the farthest intake port to keep velocity i4's, I don't keep up with & probably should.)

Look at that manifold VS the stock ones:
st215manifold4xo.jpg

st205manifold2zd.jpg

st185manifold8ts.jpg

I'm not a 3s-gte guy, but keep in mind many high end 3s-gte manifolds also do away with TVIS all together.

To quote MRControl's big 3s-gte article
A properly designed intake manifold with a larger surge tank than stock is critical to making safe power above 350rwhp.
I don't quite see what you're poining out showing the custom 3s-gte manifold. You can't see into the carbon fiber, but it looks like shorter runners, more pluemn volume to me.

plenums arent used for acoustic charging... theyre acoustic dampers

and i can assure you the f1 engine IS using harmonic resonance to increase VE - beyond any shadow of a doubt.

the point of the pics is that the TRD plenum has a tiny volume

and ITBs dont run on separate harmonic priniples at all. its the same rules for port length, dia and taper. the duct termination is the same, and the harmonic boundary is the same.

and a big plenum being *critical for safe power*...
...sounds like a bit of hand waving to me. anyone who qualifies complex engineering requirements based on simple non-specific numbers like HP automatically gets ignored

Toysrme said:
I don't quite see what you're showing me with that that 3s-gte manifold. To me, it looks inline with what I said.
which was:

Toysrme said:
FI, as big as you can within reason.
im sure they couldve got that trd plenum bigger