Who makes the OEM Radiators?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Radiator replacement time. I would prefer using OEM but the dealer wants stupid money over $400.

MANY on ebay for under $100 with 1 row and just over $100 with 2 rows.

At 174k miles it seems like replacement time for EVERYTHING and I have many replacement parts in hand including a waterpump and power steering pump. Still need to buy hoses and leaning towards a pre-emptive starter replacement and fuel pump as they can't last forever.

OEM is almost always best and I really hate buying China parts. The waterpump is Aisin which is supposed to be the OEM manufacturer. Anyone know if a similar situation exists for the radiator and other parts?

I would also buy a made in america radiator if quality and under $200.

Suggestions?

John, I would have guessed it was Aisin who made the original radiators?

Toyo, Fluidyne, PWR and others make a nice upgraded radiator for the Supra - perhaps one of these wouldn't be too far off for you? Especially if you're thinking of performance mods for it. I've had a PWR in my blue car for nearly 8 years now. Very nice unit, and I understand the Toyo's are even better.

Then of course there's always the Ron Davis road for a VERY nice, custom made American model.

Thanks John. Haven't found any radiators by Aisin. Best I have found so far is Koyo which is made in Japan. I can buy on ebay for $140 shipped. A no-name brand is listed as low as $80 delivered. Probably from China. So, for $60 more I can get Japanese. Just wish I knew who was the OEM manufacturer.

The stock radiator appears to be 1 row so that puts that concern to rest.

Denso is the oe supplier for toyota, unfortunatly they no longer make any copper/ brass core assembly . If its a ally core you have a chance.

Koyo would be the best bet may be even a slighlty better quality than than the denso stuff.

wanted to edit but cant.

You will probably find that even if you did order something from Toyota is will more than likely be a subsitute rad and not the original OE one.

Most radiator shops have access to denso ask them, should get it cheaper through them than toyota.

+ for the Koyo (Freudian slip when I typed Toyo the first time - it should have been Koyo)

Ordered the Koyo from "Radiatorspot" on ebay for $121 + $15

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250742515608&viewitem=

Best deal I could find.

Confirmed the cheapo $80 part was China made by Silla

Worth it to me to pay $60 more even if quality was the same. Just hope I don't find out later than Koyo outsourced construction to China.

Denso does show copper/brass on website but no listing for 1998-2000 LS400.

IMO the aluminum is probably better as it is compatible with the engine materials and is OEM design. Surprised it is a thin 5/8" core of thin/wide single tubes.

BTW, mine is in process of failing with leakage around the top seal between core and cap. Interestingly, the Lexus repair manual has complete proceedure for repairing the OEM part! Probably costs more in parts from dealer than the entire unit I just ordered.

Going to replace radiator, waterpump, timing belt, idlers and do coolant flush and change.

Also replacing weeping powersteering pump with good salvage unit. Going to do a quick thread on that.

Thanks for your input guys!

All koyo units i buy list made in indonesia, still good stuff though.

Well... from Toyorad website my guess is CHINA... Ugghh...

"Where are Koyorad radiators manufactured?
Koyo manufactures four different types of radiators:

1.OE Aftermarket Plastic Tanks/Aluminum Cores (most common)
Design: Japan and China
Manufacturing: Indonesia and China
2.OE Aftermarket All Aluminum (Toyota Sienna, Lexus RX, etc)
Design: Japan
Manufactured: Indonesia or China
3.OE Aftermarket Copper / Brass (select vehicles)
Design: Japan
Manufacturing: Indonesia
4.Racing All Aluminum Radiators (select performance vehicles)
Design: Japan and Indonesia
Manufacturing: Japan and Indonesia"