Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks Dave...Yeah, it would suck if it were all show and no go...But that should not be the case...I fully expect the go department to outshine the show department...At least that is my Goal...

To add insult to injury, after removing that bullshit homemade $2.50 monstrosity that XtremeBoost built, We found he had retapped the threads there, so the high pressure switch would not screw in...I have to retap and rethread the dame hole...

Ryan

Man Ryan,

I really dont know how fast your car going to run, but its looking damn good. It looks so good that I would be afraid to drive it.

I love this JY style fitting....
Crap1.jpg

Way to go Ryan; those Home Depot domestic plumbing fittings had no place in the lubrication system of an engine like yours. Besides, as I see you found out, the brass fittings will crack/break at the threads at the first opportunity, and when they're mounted that low down, the motor is going to spill its oil and eat itself before you realise what's happened.

In the petrochem industry we have the philosophy that every screwed connection is a problem just waiting to happen.

Way to go Ryan; those Home Depot domestic plumbing fittings had no place in the lubrication system of an engine like yours. Besides, as I see you found out, the brass fittings will crack/break at the threads at the first opportunity, and when they're mounted that low down, the motor is going to spill its oil and eat itself before you realise what's happened.

In the petrochem industry we have the philosophy that every screwed connection is a problem just waiting to happen.

Thanks John. Agreed...

Ryan

Here are a few pics while I am getting the upper oil pan repaired...Once that is done, I will install the engine and trans back into the car...

These are the latest style of the Defi gauges I am installing. These were hard to get...

All three Defi Gauges:
Defi1.jpg

EGT:
Defi2.jpg

Boost:
Defi3-1.jpg

Oil Pressure:
Defi4.jpg

I Love the updated Bezels...

Ryan

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Click Here to learn of the Texas V8 Shootout/Lexus Meet: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

These AN fittings are what I decided to use to repair the upper oil pan debacle. I like the way this fits and the flow back into the engine...

Y Block and 90 degree swivel:
NewOilfreturn1.jpg

2nd pic:
NewOilReturn2.jpg

3rd pic:
NewOilReturn3.jpg

This should work real well, and keep the oil return flowing well into the sump.

Ryan

Click Here to learn of the Texas V8 Shootout/Lexus Meet: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

Gang, while I am waiting for the redo on the oil pan to be completed, I am working on a few detail items...Here is 1 small example, but an important one. This is a clear example of how some shops cut corners when they do work for you, even though you specify the right types of parts, a shop that is owned and operated by people that do not care to put out the quality work that they have been paid to perform, and instead cut corners in order to save a few bucks...One more reason why I will never let the previous shop touch my car again, nor can I in good conscience, recommend that shop for anything...I have had too many issues that I have had to go back and redo completely, many of which the shop owner totally denies culpability.

The BS Water supply T flare that XB installed to feed water to my turbos, Cost, I do not know, perhaps a couple of dollars:
WB2.jpg

The T flare I am replacing it with...Cost to me, $17.00:
WBCorrect.jpg

Again, this is just one of many examples of poor quality work, and a total lack of commitment to excellence, even though I paid this shop many thousands of dollars in cash... thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Finding a good shop with a commitment to excellence is worth its weight in gold...

Ryan

Attachments

• thumbsdown.gif
    thumbsdown.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbsdown.gif
    thumbsdown.gif
Soooo true Ryan. Having to pay an arm & a leg for quality work is a given, but you expect to receive quality parts.

If/when you find the parts aren't up to standard, that's a pretty good hint the work wasn't either.

Does it concern you that none of the gauges are reading anything like they should unless the motor is running?

No, it does not...They have never been hooked up, as they are brand new. And once they are connected to the Defi Link controller, are will be automatically synchronized...

That's why i do as much on my car as i can and only a few trusted mates for the rest....car has never seen a shop except for paint.

Yeah, but I have never welded, and until I started this project, my knowledge was not sufficient to do the work. That is different now, I could take another SC, and do the whole set up, except for the welding and painting...

Ryan

Looking very nice mate, the top looks just like my one now :) them rails look good as well ;) how can a shop get away with fitting them part to a car like this is a joke..... all my oil and fuel fitings are AN fitings like the ones u have just got to replace the old ones on yours.....they cost alot but if you want to do it right then u have to have them!

nice to see this setup geting there mate, keep up the good work u are doing :)

Looking very nice mate, the top looks just like my one now :) them rails look good as well ;) how can a shop get away with fitting them part to a car like this is a joke..... all my oil and fuel fitings are AN fitings like the ones u have just got to replace the old ones on yours.....they cost alot but if you want to do it right then u have to have them!

nice to see this setup geting there mate, keep up the good work u are doing :)

Thanks Marcus, almost there...I will not cut corners on this project. I appreciate those that see the valus of doing it right the first time...

Ryan

Here is the front, upper Water Bridge...It has been chromed, along with the two engine hoist hooks. I wasn't going to mod these, but they did not look well enough to fit with the rest of the engine, so I did. I also did this due to a change I am making to the front of the engine, and I will not be covering the bridge with the plastic covering that was there....Test fitted that anodized T Flare on top of it, and it looks very good...thumbsup.gifeek1.gif No ASS looking stuff now...biggrin.gif

I should have the re-welded upper oil pan back tomorrow afternoon, along with the oil filter bracket, both polished and clear powder-coated....

Water bridge:
Waterbridge.jpg

Assembling this motor, installing the tranny and the rest of the drive train, and sending this car to Tampa...

Ryan

Ryan

Click Here to learn of the Lexas Shootout/All Lexus Meet featuring the V8 Shootout and the I6 Shootout: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
  • eek1.gif
    eek1.gif
    542 bytes · Views: 0
I tapped the whole, and threaded the anodized pipe and T Flare into the top of the bridge. Unfortunately, the upper oil pan was not completed yesterday, so it will not be ready until Monday. I am working on the rear BBK tomorrow, and the Supra TT sway bars.I should have the engine back in the car next week sometime...I wheeled the motor out into the late afternoon sun to take a few pics...

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

Ryan

Click Here to learn of the Lexas Shootout/All Lexus Meet featuring the V8 Shootout and the I6 Shootout: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

Wow Ryan, I'm not normally a fan of chroming, but your motor looks absolutely awesome with it. Not too much, but just enough. It's really shaping up isn't it?

Did you decide to keep the dizzies instead of going COP?

Wow Ryan, I'm not normally a fan of chroming, but your motor looks absolutely awesome with it. Not too much, but just enough. It's really shaping up isn't it?

Did you decide to keep the dizzies instead of going COP?

Thanks John...yeah, that is why some of the parts are actually powder-coated clear instead of chromed...They are a little less Blingy, not ostentatious...

I am still planning to go COP. I am just waiting for the parts to come in...I may start off with the stock ignition, then change it before the V8 Shootout...

You know how that is sometimes...:usa: Like going on a mission just to get the right stuff...

Ryan

I got the oil pan and the oil filter bracket back form the powder coater...Looks goodthumbsup.gif They are installed on the motor, and the bottom end is closed up once again...woot.gif I have installed the upper intake and bolted it on to Factory torque specs, and am focusing on the rest of the chromed parts, and brackets and screws that we need to finish up the motor to prep for re-installing back into the engine bay. We have some work to do on the engine bay as well. Lots to do...I had the ARP wheel studs cut down 1/2" to fit my BBK/Wheel application, so I need to install those into the spindles so I can complete the BBK install.

When we went to install the Turbo manifolds that Frank installed, we found yet another surprise that just keeps on showing me how Frank just is not the guy or shop to work on this kind of project...His fabrication, I like...His welding is average at best, the rest of his work is unacceptable...He did not have the proper metric bolts for the Turbo manifolds to be bolted back onto the heads, so he decided to re-thread the bolt holes on the head with a SAE thread, and install SAE bolts in place rather than contacting me, or Lexus, and getting the proper bolts...Unbelieveable!!!! Every time I look at Frank's work, I keep finding something else that is not correct!!! And to think that he wanted to build my motor!!! I knew better than that. When he asked me to build my motor, I siad I would let him know, but I was thinking to myself, "No way in hell I would let him touch my motor". I am glad I cut ties with him...I am sorry to complain on the open forum about this guy and his work, but I honestly believe he would do everyone a favor by finding another line of work for himself...He is careless, wreckless, cuts corners, and difficult to deal with....

Ryan

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif