Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry to hear that, Ryan. 1 thing that I know is there're not a lot of builders or mechanics out there who will carefully do exactly on specs. Re-threading the exhaust head studs with the SAE studs...Unbelieviable??? I guess you were cussing and "WTF" the 10mm nuts didn't go in the studs...:scared:

Attachments

• Lextreme-Stroker-Sleeve 003.jpg
    Lextreme-Stroker-Sleeve 003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Lextreme-Stroker-Sleeve 002.jpg
    Lextreme-Stroker-Sleeve 002.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
Sorry to hear that, Ryan. 1 thing that I know is there're not a lot of builders or mechanics out there who will carefully do exactly on specs. Re-threading the exhaust head studs with the SAE studs...Unbelieviable??? I guess you were cussing and "WTF" the 10mm nuts didn't go in the studs...:scared:
How right you are, Steve!!! I just do not understand how so many shops cut corners...Why not do it correct the first time?

I was definitely shaking my head in disbelief...Do not use XtremeBoost, Boss Auto, or Frank (All are the same organization), to do anything other than fabrication...You will be sorry if you do...

Ryan

I know progress has been slow, and that you want to see more...But the main accomplishment is that the motor has been buttined up, and is in the final stages of assembly completion. The upper oil pan debacle has been repaired, and we have apparently triumphed over shitty previous work. I am awaiting the Throttle body from the powder coater, as well as several chromed brackets that attach to it, and the bolts...All are being chromed. I should nhave them back by Tueaday...

Here's a few pics...

Buttonedup1.jpg

oilpanrepaired.jpg

Manifoldinstalled1.jpg

manifoldinstalled2.jpg

Much morfe progress to come shortly...
I went to Lexus of Orlando and picked up the studs for the exhaust manifolds and some rubber seals, plus the new oil dipstick. I installed all of the correct studs in the new heads, thank goodness that these were not touched by Frank...and then I bolted up the original turbo manifolds onto the block with chromed nuts. Keep in mind that these manifolds will be replaced with the new ones that DC is making for me while painting my car...I will assemble the rest of the motor, and prep the engine bay for re-installation of the built motor...

Ryan

OK. I got some additional parts in...This is the bracket that mounts to the Upper intake, and houses the IAC valve, right in front of the intake. I had this powder coated in gloss black. Pictures do not do it justice...

IAC Valve Bracket:
DSC_0196.jpg

Another:
DSC_0197.jpg

Remember this? BEFORE (XtremeBoost):
Crap1.jpg

AFTER. Due Dilligence:
DSC_0198.jpg

Another:
DSC_0187.jpg

Another:
DSC_0199.jpg

Ryan
boink.gif

We have been working on the car all day...Tweaking the BBK's, prepping the engine bay for the engine, rebuilding the main power harness that attaches to the radiator (We inspected it because we were suspicious this was the source of my intermittant power issues). The Power section of the harness was indeed bad...The previous owner had some kind of problem, and it was repaired...badly. It was spliced in three different places, and the wires had partially melted together, so that involved a lot of running around to find the right parts to completely rebuild it, ad we did, all new wires and connectors. Looks fantastic.

Anyway, the motor is in!!
boink.gif
smile.gif

For the first time in about 1.5 years, the motor is in the car...More to do...

SC700:

DSC_0232.jpg

Installation Pics:

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

This is a great night!!!

Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3495.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 8
Ryan, you must be stoked. If you slept at all that night, I'll bet it was out in the garage with your baby.....

Ryan, you must be stoked. If you slept at all that night, I'll bet it was out in the garage with your baby.....

Thanks, John. I almost did sleep in my baby...I am ecstatic...Long, long time in coming...

Much more to come...Stay tuned...:nervous:

I am beat, going to bed...

Ryan

Very nice, Ryan. I can't wait to see your result on the track. I think you'll get it done before the Texas V8 Shoot Out. I might be there along with David and James, however, I'm not so sure. I'm sure you'll smoke me for 1/2 of the distance in my single turbo SC, but I still want to see it...800 hp against 450 hp?...

Having just dropped my engine back in i know a little of how you feel :) enjoying a beer or 3 as i type :) Now you need to get the thing purring.

Touch wood mine will be running by Wed...race ya to ignition :)

Very nice, Ryan. I can't wait to see your result on the track. I think you'll get it done before the Texas V8 Shoot Out. I might be there along with David and James, however, I'm not so sure. I'm sure you'll smoke me for 1/2 of the distance in my single turbo SC, but I still want to see it...800 hp against 450 hp?...

You had beter be there with your Boosted V8...I am looking forward to meeting you and to seeing your awesome ride...

Having just dropped my engine back in i know a little of how you feel :) enjoying a beer or 3 as i type :) Now you need to get the thing purring.

Touch wood mine will be running by Wed...race ya to ignition :)

Yep, it is a great feeling. I am glad you got your in recently as well, Justen. Yeah, soon I wil get this whip purring...

BTW, the transmission is installed.

Ryan

Well, getting the final touches done over the next few days so that I can send my car to Driven Concepts in Tampa...

Found more issues with the previous work done by Xtremeboost...It never seems to stop. Now, I found that the AEM Widwband harness had apparently been jerked through the hole in the floor of the car, and stripped the insulation off every wire that connected to the plug. More bare wires...pat.gif I also took the exhaust apart, and something was clanging in the pipe, I turned it upside down, and a 14 mm wrench fell out...pat.gif1387914497.gif More "stuff"

I am certainly glad we are checking everything that was done by them...

Ryan

Attachments

• pat.gif
    pat.gif
    680 bytes · Views: 0
  • pat.gif
    pat.gif
Found more issues with the previous work done by Xtremeboost...It never seems to stop. Now, I found that the AEM Widwband harness had apparently been jerked through the hole in the floor of the car, and stripped the insulation off every wire that connected to the plug. More bare wires...pat.gif I also took the exhaust apart, and something was clanging in the pipe, I turned it upside down, and a 14 mm wrench fell out...pat.gif1387914497.gif More "stuff"

I am certainly glad we are checking everything that was done by them...

Ryan

Ryan, where are these yahoos located? Texas? They sound like a number of shops I've had the misfortune of knowing.

At least it was a 14mm wrench and not a 9/16" that dropped out, hehehe.

Attachments

• pat.gif
    pat.gif
  • pat.gif
    pat.gif
You might want to check the other exhaust pipe for a 12mm wrench.

Lex, yeah, really...He could have at least left a Genie bottle in there for me...:lmao:

Ryan, where are these yahoos located? Texas? They sound like a number of shops I've had the misfortune of knowing.

At least it was a 14mm wrench and not a 9/16" that dropped out, hehehe.

John, yeah, I was really surprised it was a metric wrench, especially since he rethread so many of my bolt holes with SAE threads and bolts...:grumble:

Ryan

John, yeah, I was really surprised it was a metric wrench, especially since he rethread so many of my bolt holes with SAE threads and bolts...:grumble: Ryan

Why would anyone rethread the heads because he couldnt find the metric bolts/studs? www.mcmaster.com has everything you need. Imagine if he mess up during the process? I am not a professional but they is beyond my imagination.

Well, we've reached another milestone in this project...My car is in Tampa, at Driven Concepts!! Now comes the final stage of this project...

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello gang:

Just an update for you all that are following this thread. DC (Driven Concepts) and I have discussed and worked out the preliminary design of the new manifolds they are building to fit my ported heads. I relied heavily upon Mike Young's experience and expertise in the matter., but certainly put in my two cents worth. I also decided to go bigger on several things, so I am having them remake most all of the plumbing for the turbo kit. This being the case, my current set up is intact, and I am thinking about selling it as a package deal. I have not made a final decision on that, but I am considering it. Hmmmm a fully bolt on kit that has been proven to fit and work. Oh well, it's certainly a thought.

As DC cpmpletes work, pics will be posted up on some of it. So, stay tuned...And the paint, well, that will be flawless...wink.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

Ryan

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0