BMW V12 Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
And it Fits!!!

Daileypan6.jpg

Daileypan2.jpg

Daileypan3.jpg

Wow, it's almost like we knew what we were doing....... And no interferences when the engine is turned.

Next step is to get the drive pulley located on the crank dampner, then get the pump done, and we're in business......

Thanks, no I'm not personally going to commission any more of them, but anyone who wants one can purchase it direct from Bill Dailey for $1650, but he won't tool up to make only one - it would need to be at least two. Around a 3-4 week delivery also. My project was the prototype, and it cost around 1.5x that, but somebody had to pay for the design & tooling......

Last edited:
Nice piece John, I know you have been waiting a while for this. Almost there!

Yea..... and as the engine builder said "not to jinx anything, but there's just not much left before it's ready for the dyno."

The oil pump has to get built, once we know where the drive pulley is going to fall, and I still have to get an electric water pump, but that's an off the shelf unit, then it's just the final assembly, wiring it up and hooking up an EMS.

I was originally going to go MoTeC M800 on this, but the new AEM V2 will handle a 12 injector, 6 coil setup just fine, so in spite of my loathing for waste spark ignition systems, I'm not ready to pay a $4000 premium for true sequential.

I came so close to buying a 1991 850i for $5500 a week ago. I didn't do it because there were too many things wrong with it - the front bumper was cracked, the trunk was disassembled, the headliner was replaced by something out of a corner garage, the motor wasn't running right - with a Dinan chip and exhaust, it struggled to accelerate to 60 in eight seconds, the idle was fairly rough and unsteady, the batteries were toast, the MFD screen had a bunch of bad pixels, there were no service records whatsoever, there was a small dent on the rear quarter panel, the glovebox was missing its latch, the steering wheel squeaked, the coolant reservoir was low, the engine had oil varnish visible from the oil cap, there was a horrendous vibration that came from the rear end that increased with speed, it was missing two center caps on the wheels, the registration was two years out of date, and there was a bad Pentosin leak.
It was so beautiful though.

Sounds like a pretty normal 20 year old BMW :) Just imagine what the iDrive cars are going to be like in 20 years :eek:

There's such a thing as going way over the top with electronics, and IMO, BMW are the leaders in doing just that.

Cheers fastegg, I'll pass these comments along to Bill Dailey who designed & built the pan. He does do very nice work for some very serious racers, not just wannabe's like me :D

Yep, and it's my own fault; I've considered and discarded numerous chassis for this engine:

Supra
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ford GT40 replica
Jaguar XJ13 replica
1968 Gurney Eagle F1 replica

It'll find a home eventually though......

Pump fits!

pumpinstalled.jpg

So the bottom end is officially complete. Now it's just final assembly, get an EMS installed and dyno the puppy.

V-12 beemer

hey mr cribbj , .. can you give us some photo's showing the whole motor ?...... come-on, come-on, come-on..... show-us, show-us, show-us......

WOW ! Some pretty cool kit cars...... pity they don't take a Lexus V8.. :(

Actually the very first Superlight Coupe was built with a twin turbo Lexus V8, but Fran quickly moved to the LSx platform as it had more appeal to the masses.

John,

Have you considered this?
http://www.superlitecars.com/

That would be a suiting home for that engine, and Fran is great to deal with.

Hey Adrian, good to see you over here. Fran & I have had many discussions about his cars, and in fact he kept my G50 transaxle in storage at his place for nearly two years. Unfortunately his SLC just doesn't trip my trigger at all.