Project Thread LS 400 Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
...will search for pics soon.
Not much more info on the car so far, because still some issues with the gearbox (stall converter, shifting points etc.) and some minor things that needed to get done.
Hope to update you all soon in the next weeks. :D

...will search for pics soon.
Not much more info on the car so far, because still some issues with the gearbox (stall converter, shifting points etc.) and some minor things that needed to get done.
Hope to update you all soon in the next weeks. :D

Come awn! :D

Just kidding! What else have you done to it so far?

I have started twin turboing my 1UZ:

100_1719.jpg

Attachments

• Rear Door Motor 02.jpg
    Rear Door Motor 02.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 150
OK, some more news...
Today I tested the new torque converter PLUS newly programmed (correct) shifting points in the AEM...the old shifting points were just a mess....
I must say, now finally the car starts to act normal/predictable on the road...there's full lock at 2800rpm instead of the 5500rpm with the old (shitty) TC. So driving on boost with the T88 stepping in, is a pleasure....accelerating on 60% throttle to 150mph is a blast :D.....full throttle is hardly possible due to the stock brakes and inferior stock air suspension.
Brake upgrade will be 355mm Stoptechs in front, to get some stopping power.
Next will be the installment of the 3.2 Torsen diff in the original clock, which was mentioned by Arnout in an other thread...

We will make sure we will easily pass the 200mph in the LS400 after we have also upgraded the suspension...stay tuned ;)

hay fasteddie,

what do you mean by clock?
dont you mean diff housing!!
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

clock = diff housing, correct and in this case it is the smaller diff housing you find in the LS and NOT the bigger Supra diff housing....and yes, we will test that on the Autobahn....on a dry road that is :D...

we machined the UCF10/20 pumpkin to accept the torsen locker from the supra. Also dropped in a 3.2 gear, the pinion is the same dimensions as the supra. some people took my forum down where I normally hosted pics, if you send me your email address I can forward them but you must post them here then :)

Torsen is a must have for this Lexus...remember the deal with Arnout was: we must have 2 spinning wheels instead of just 1 every time we leave your shop, dude !
Besides that i really like it in corners...and the 3.2 diff gears will make this car Autobahn sturmer for sure :cool:...they way this car makes speed above 80mph is just amazing....there just no stopping to the power delivery once the turbo comes in...

Do it properly and get a KAAZ, Quaife, TRD etc clutch pack LSD centre. Torsen will still single spin and any decent grunt will eventually destroy the carrier. I split mine right down the guts. Just my 2 cents...made my 'donkey poo' much more predictable to drive.