Have I just bought the wrong Vortech V1?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ewen

Hi All,

I've just bought a Vortech V1 supercharger for use with the Lextreme supercharger bracket and stuff.

However, I think I might have bought the wrong flavour. It comes down to this question:

Do clockwise and counterclockwise Vortech V1s both take drive input in the same direction, only one reverses drive internally? I'm really hoping this is the case!

Here's a pic of the V1 I've bought:

V1.jpg

Due to space limitations, I wanted to mount it with the discharge tube at the bottom as in this SC400 photo here on Lextreme.com:

closer-front.jpg

That one looks to run counter-clockwise, along with the one I've bought. If I'm correct in my initial thinking, then my one will be running the correct way to allow me to replicate this SC400 setup.

However, see how this one below (again, here on Lextreme.com) looks to run clockwise:

rs%20035.jpg

I'm worried in case the two units operate completely differently and that mine will want input drive in the opposite direction to that in which the engine turns. By the way, which direction does the 1UZ-FE turn in? I would go and start mine up, only it's on the garage floor right now!

Thanks,
Ewen

All motors turn clockwise when looking at the front of the motor,allthough some Hondas are an exception i think.

Fake mount it and spin it in the direction of flow and see if its right,my brain cant visualise that much.