Just bought a supercharger for my gs430. I really need help forums are not helping.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gsean400

So i was planning on getting a mustang gt with a vortech v1 that needed a rebuild. I ended up buying a vortech v2 to replace it. I also ended up buying a gs430 instead of the mustang. Iv had 2 gs400s befor and always wanted more power out of them. So anyways down to the point, im gettig a compression test tomarrow to see if the engine still has life left and no major problems in the cylinders since the car has 160k. I am planning on running it on very very low boost... For reliability. Like 3-5lbs! I wanna make it a slow project. But then when income tax comes. I want to get forged rods and pistons and with the money i save, put them in. Then when i end up selling my subs and rims i had on my previous car (chrysler 300) i should prolly get around 2k and i would have to add very little and hopefully get the tranny upgraded when i get the piston and rods done.. My questions are does this sound like a good plan or should i get the piston rod combo put in first or would i be okay running low boost for a while. And how much hp can the stock internals handle and the tranny? I dont want the supercharger collecting dust in my closet. How much would the custom piping cost and what intercooler should i go with. And how hard is the lextreme supercharger bracket to install? And im assuming i wouldnt need larger injectors for really low boost. If i could make an extra 50hp out of this setup and it still be reliable i would be very very happy.also would i need a bov to control the idle? Need all the advice i can get! I dont want anything blowing out until my income tax time cause its also my vacation lol thanks hope to hear from you guys.

You should be able to boost to 6-7 psi of boost with stock engine. But make sure you enrich the fuel system or with fine tuning it.

Do you think if were to be running low boost about 3-4psi i could use the stock injectors and fuel pump with no tuning or stand alone ecu? I read that the rmm supercharger kits dont come with anything for the ecu so could i do a direct bolt on? And i see that u have a built transmission could my stock tranny handle 4psi? I heard a guy who needed a rebuild while making 380 at the wheels i really dont want my car out of commission till income tax time. Im enjoying the gs and dont want to drive my beater honda accord lol.

You should be able to use stock injectors. I've seen a few low boost setups without any extra fuel enrichment devices. But better to be safe rather than sorry, just install a FMU to raise the fuel pressure and install a high pressure high flow fuel pump. The setup will only raise up the pressure to provide more fuel during boost, but will stay normal during no boost.

Your stock tranny will be fine for 4 psi without mods. But if you want it to last like it should be, just install a biggest tranny cooler that you can tuck in the front or the side. Also, use full synthetic tranny fluid. If the fluid heat is normal, the tranny will last a long time.

You should be able to use stock injectors. I've seen a few low boost setups without any extra fuel enrichment devices. But better to be safe rather than sorry, just install a FMU to raise the fuel pressure and install a high pressure high flow fuel pump. The setup will only raise up the pressure to provide more fuel during boost, but will stay normal during no boost.

Your stock tranny will be fine for 4 psi without mods. But if you want it to last like it should be, just install a biggest tranny cooler that you can tuck in the front or the side. Also, use full synthetic tranny fluid. If the fluid heat is normal, the tranny will last a long time.

Sweet what fmu should i go with? And should i just get bigger injectors to be safe? I want a reliable setup. Its my daily for right now. Just want a liitle more out of it.

Steve - you are aware the GS runs a returnless fuel system? Regulator in the tank with a static pressure and I believe it is also used to draw the fuel from one side of the tank to another. Some late model vehicles are turbo with returnless systems like the late 1JZ-gte but of coarse the ECUs are tuned to suit.

Injectors on the 3uz are the same as the 1uz VVti. They dont seem to have too much in them. I have tuned a 1uz vvti manual and a 3uz manual with stock injectors and they peak at 95% duty cycle and both are still Naturally aspirated. Both were set up returnless with 60psi fuel pressure. They are also quite different design to the earlier units. They have some drillings for Airflow around the base of the injector with a wide body. If using these I would recommend monitoring the air flow ratios very carefully.

Is this GS running the 5 speed auto?

I didn't know the GS has returnless fuel system; therefore, it can't use FMU. Got to go with Gloverman here. :)

In that case, a slightly bigger injectors are needed along with a piggyback ECU to tune them.

Steve - you are aware the GS runs a returnless fuel system? Regulator in the tank with a static pressure and I believe it is also used to draw the fuel from one side of the tank to another. Some late model vehicles are turbo with returnless systems like the late 1JZ-gte but of coarse the ECUs are tuned to suit.

Injectors on the 3uz are the same as the 1uz VVti. They dont seem to have too much in them. I have tuned a 1uz vvti manual and a 3uz manual with stock injectors and they peak at 95% duty cycle and both are still Naturally aspirated. Both were set up returnless with 60psi fuel pressure. They are also quite different design to the earlier units. They have some drillings for Airflow around the base of the injector with a wide body. If using these I would recommend monitoring the air flow ratios very carefully.

Is this GS running the 5 speed auto?

Yeahh it is. I have no idea about anything you just posted. Would i not be able to use a fmu do to not having a returnless fuel system? Ad what about injectors? I dont mind getting bigger ones.. :)

Steve is giving good advice there. Bigger injectors - this will most likely mean making up sleeves to fit a more conventional injector. Over the next few days I will take some photos of the injectors for you. I have some spare ones laying around.

Then I would be wiring up a ECU over the stock item. Kind of new ground here for most. I would recommend making up an adaptor for the piggyback unit. Do you have a tuner close to you you can work with?

Steve is giving good advice there. Bigger injectors - this will most likely mean making up sleeves to fit a more conventional injector. Over the next few days I will take some photos of the injectors for you. I have some spare ones laying around.

Then I would be wiring up a ECU over the stock item. Kind of new ground here for most. I would recommend making up an adaptor for the piggyback unit. Do you have a tuner close to you you can work with?

Yeah i know! Thanks steve! And whoever is chiming in to help me. Basically. What im trying to get at is if someone can specifically list me the parts i will need and what will be somewhat cost friendly i could get this going. do have a budget but dont mind forkin out some of my savings to make sure its dont right. So far i have a vortech v2 supercharger, apexi intercooler (bought used on craigslist) and i also have a positive attitude and some free time to get this together.
So i still need to get that bracket from lextreme the piping from some shop.
A bigger pulley. dont know what size pulley to get or where..
Bigger injectors. Dont know what size or where to get it.
Some sort of piggyback ecu dont know what brand to get.
And a cool looking boost gauge! I dont need to be makings crazy power since i am already content with the 3uz's power but would love to hear a whine/ bov with my resosonators removed( already have muffler delete) but you get the point. 30-60 whp would be nice :) and i dont know any tuners but im sure i can find one out here!