Dual Intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

I am thinking about making a dual intake. I am thinking about making two intakes like the pictures below. What you are looking at is side view and top view. The two intakes will face side way like the stock 1uzfe. The second picture is the top view. I am thinking about making this for my twin turbo application. What do u guys think?

Hmm, that wouldn't be a little W2A intercooler/plenum between the two inlets in the top sketch would it? If so, I like it! Piping should be a lot cleaner this way, too.

John

I presume you mean something like this Lex, but with the TB's on the sides

P5230036-copy.jpg

Why not make one bigger custom TB and keep things simple? I would think an MAP is a must for a larger single throttle body because they are so tiny and restrictive....Two TB's looks awesome good deal PeeWee!!!!!..

This also is probably a great idea for an twin turbo application that could use a better intake flow for each side of the engine.....Wondering - Is there a porportional difference when using One larger TB as apposed to two smaller?

Good luck Lex if you go for it...

According to the calculator on EAP a single 100mm TB is 1247cfm, twin 77mm TB's is 1492cfm, so proportionally I'd assume you'd be better off with the twin stock setup, wouldnt you also get better velocity due to smaller pipes?

here's a mates 100mm TB on a 1uz. Cost him $400 in total purchased off ebay and shipped from thailand. Its pretty shoddy though, leakage through the (non bearing) butterfly pivot and also having it stick at 1/4 throttle during a race... and thats after only 100 competitive km, so Im def not recommending it!
Jones_TB.jpg

We're going peewee's route and putting on twin TB's, the same as his. but a main reason for that is we want the other TPS on the car so if we crap one we can switch it over to the other during a race.

Wow, I have never seen that before, too bad it's giving your mate problems... Three electric fans also is a first for me to see.

Riva.....What is that? It looks like a sandrail with an 1UZ-FE engine in it?..Cool... I would assume if your mate is using the stock MAF which it looks like he is not that setup probably won't perform too much better then stock, not much I would think anyway. The MAF appears to me to be the most restrictive part of the 1uz-fe intake.

rivmasta said:
According to the calculator on EAP a single 100mm TB is 1247cfm, twin 77mm TB's is 1492cfm, so proportionally I'd assume you'd be better off with the twin stock setup.
Thats true.
But the stock TB is only 70mm, not 77mm.

Twin 70mm TB's gives the same flow (ignoring the butterfly) as a single 99mm TB.

I too was thinking about a quad TB setup, we could just take the top half of the intake manifold off and use 1 TB for every pair of runners. This would just keep things simple and cheep. but this would not quite apply to Lextreme's FI setup. For FI, you need nice straight runners into the combustion camber for high flow. you dual intake setup should be easy to make david!!

MaxPower said:
Sorry but a little OT, but any idea what 4 x 50mm TBs would flow?? Using a couple of Ford F-150 TBs (dual 50mm) on a conversion.
Based purely on surface area twin 50mm TB's are the same as a single 70.7mm TB

Twin 70.7mm TB's are the same as a single 100mm TB