Dual Filter Intake?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Im making my intake, right now its just a pod filter + maf adapter.

Do you think there will be a "slight" benifit compared to a single pod filter? What about cosmetically? Looks nice or shitty?

DualIntake.jpg

Well it wont do anything to hurt power, prob wont make much or any improvements in power but would look good if done right. Go for it if you can make it, i wouldnt buy that one tho

Bear in mind the stock filter gets cooler air from outside the engine bay.

A pod will suck hot air from within the engine bay and you could/will lose power.

I agree the stock filter should flow enough air for at least double the engines power.

an intake is nice to eliminate all of those plastic pieces you have to deal with on the stock filter.... honestly after my filter is in need of replacement i am going to stick on an intake for convinience.

on a side note you can buy any filter from an 86.5-92 toyota supra as well they use very similar AFM's (common upgrade on 7mgte is to use our 1uz afm's with 550cc injectors) bolt pattern is the same

How much power do you belive the stock panel filter will really support?

I also thought that that would be the case, until I had some tuning "problems" over 4,000 rpm, and soon discovered that the stock filter would be better off put into the family 4Runner.

A filter with about twice the area of the original one has solved the breathing problem.

I say give it a try, since one of those works well with a 4 cylinder of about 2l displacement.