Buying a truck what would you get?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
...Tacomas are great trucks, and I am not partial to the land cruisers. I just like them more.. Re-sall value holds well with the 4 runners though, maybe even more so then the Landcruisers...
Right on! From what I've been observing, the Tacoma holds the resale value highest compared to any other cars or trucks. You can check for the market prices on kelly blue book. However, the 4-Runner doesn't really have the high resale value as the Tacoma.

No it doesnt...I was somewhat surprised to find that out 3-4 months back.

I know the 22r/RE's had a rep for noisy valves, those were possible engines (well RE in this case). I dont know about the 3vz-e (the 3.0L [picked up the name 3.slow lol] in the 95 and back pickups and 4Runners, bad rep mostly head gasket though). I dont know anything about the auto tranny options of those though, most were manual.

I'm not so sure about the valve noise... My truck (again, 1991) has 255K on it and is doing pretty well...

You do have a good point with the REAR suspension on the 4Runners. The stock coil springs would sag over time. I had the issue myself. 150 bucks and a set of OME springs later, there is no issue.

Head gaskets and valves on those older 3.0L Toyota motors...It happened on several of my 4 runners.. Rear suspension gets that boaty feel for sure which can make you barf via the motion sickness on the long hauls... What else? Old 4 runners hmmmm? Underpowered for sure...Stock radio's are the worst on the planet...

To be honest they held up very well and I can't say anything more about them...The run forever if maintained properly...